Hello One and all,

Now I am really getting hacked off with the ODP. I have been trying now since December 2001 to get my listing changed and it seems that no one is really interested in helping to sort this out at ODP. I even put myself forward as an editor but got turned down.

What do you have to do to get these things changed, its obvious no one at the ODP is reading the messages that I am sending them and its now getting beyond a joke with these people.

If anyone can help please get in touch.

regards
    John

Hi John.
    I quite understand your frustration. However, keep in the mind that ODP is a volunteer project where editors are NOT paid to do work and for this reason, sometimes, submitters have to be in a situation like yours.

So, what to do in such circumstances.

Firstly, make sure that your site is relevant to the category you are submitting to and is compliant to the ODP site submission guidelines. (FYI, Affiliate sites are not accepted in ODP).

After that, you may try contacting the editor, with a nicely written and polite request. You may then try emailing the editors in the upper level and/or try submitting your site in some other categories if applicable.

If you have done all this,
    Then let me know url of your site so I may look in there for you.

Hi Farhan,

I have done all of what you have suggested as I did raise this point before. I know that its based on volunteers thats why I put myself forward for the job as the cat. in Scotland does (did not) have an editor.

Please check out the url its gph.org.uk any help would be appreciated.

regards John

I am looking in there for you. Stayu tuned !

[ 08-19-2002: Message edited by: Farhan ]

I know how you feel John, it took me quite a few months to get mine changed, and I only wanted to change the url from a free one to paid hosting.

When I submitted a site, they changed my description and misspelled a freakin word! Totally p*ssed me off. After reading some of the horror stories like yours, I decided not to even bother trying to get it changed.

Hey Farhan, hows the weather in Karachi? I have relatives there. I was there in the summer of 95 and it must have been over 100 degrees everyday. Haven't been back since.

Hi Sal,

Well the thing is that when you do a search for my product it comes up in a very good lisitings using the sites description, but if you look at the text that ODP is showing I am sure that some users are not even bothering to click on the link.

This is what it says:

Description: Provides Company profile, contact details, operations procedures, job opportunities and local information.

Total and utter garbage. What does that tell anyone about the company I work for and the services that we offer? Not a thing. ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, enough of this madness. Am going to go away and do some uploading of new pages. Site now at around 50 pages and climbing. Maybe I will reach the 100 pages by the end of the year.

regards John

Hi John,
    Just PM'd you. Please check it out.

Sal,
    The weather is great these days. Cloudy and cool monsoon breeze everyday! That’s great that you've been here. Do let me know, if I can be of any help you here.

Hi John,
    Pm'd you again. Not sure you got as I was having some problems with my 'puter at that time.

Yes please send me the desc. before you submit this time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread