I've been using web-stats.com for the last few months and love the results. However, I'm not going to spend $9 a month for each of my sites. I'm looking for a sofware program that I can use for under $100 that can track stats at multiple sites. What have you found as your best value for the buck?

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure exactly what you are after, but here are some suggestions:

cgi-bin tracker/logger: AdvanceLogger from www.perlonline.com

Offline Log File Analysis: HappyLog from www.axolot.com/happylog or FastStats from Mach5.com

Online Log Analyzer: AwStats (comes with CPanel 4.9)

These are all pretty fine programs and all under $100.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markymark:
    Not sure exactly what you are after, but here are some suggestions:

cgi-bin tracker/logger: AdvanceLogger from www.perlonline.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use this one. They have two versions. A free one (which I use on all my sites), and a paid one. The paid one would require a 10 site license though and that $200.
    The difference between paid version and free version can be seen at their website - they have demo stats board set up and list of differences. e.g. more accurate Bot tracker, better interface.

Free one does just fine for me though.

Arghhh. Just checked their website and it seems they have removed the free version. So $29.95 for single site license or $200 for 10 site license.

ABW Ambassador
    use google cache [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] here powerful advlogger 2.0 totally free adv 2.0

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zervo:
    use google cache [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] here powerful advlogger 2.0 totally free adv 2.0<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want it I suggest you get it now. If I was the author I would not want version 2.0 available any more. It was a marketing mistake in my opinion - far too powerful, and not that much reason to upgrade IMO.

Is there much difference between Advlogger 2 and 3? I tried the demo of Adv3 and it is just what I want. Wondering of version 2 has all the same features?

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    I did upgrade to ver3 after using ver2, but I can't remember why. I have a feeling that there is less info in ver2.

But why don't you just put up ver2 to start with, I think ver2 is free?

The only issue I have at the moment is that it is not tracking the spiders for me. Maybe this is my fault but I am talking to them now (well *I* sent *them* a message).

Anyone out there know if I have done anything wrong?

ABW Ambassador
    Well, version 2 can't handle more than 500 visitors per day, while version 3 handles 1000s and Version 3 also recognises far more search engines. So if you have reasonable traffic, then version two ain't gonna cut it.

I think less than $30 for a product this strong is value for money. So, to celebrate, I am posting my affiliate link: http://www.perlonline.com/cgi-bin/af....cgi?markymark

ABW Ambassador
    Wayder,

I think this is a general problem - I've found that if I use it with SSI, it works better at tracking spiders though.

ABW Ambassador
    As feedback for the spider tracking and bookmarking issue, this is the answer I received.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>To use the spider and bookmark tracking you will have to delete the
    robots.txt and the favico.ico in your root directory, the reason for this is
    that these are detected by the errors generated when these spiders try to
    access the site. If you put a robot.txt file in, no errors are generated,
    and can't be detected.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[edit: interruption because of emergency video change for daughter]

I will try the SSI, but in this case I don't see that there will be any difference.

[ 08-21-2002: Message edited by: Wayder ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Well, version 2 can't handle more than 500 visitors per day<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I downloaded adv 2.0 and, although I have not loaded it yet, the instructions do say that it can handle 1000 visitors a day and you can even change that number if you get more than 1000.

I'll install it in a day or two and let you all know what I think.

ABW Ambassador
    Regarding robots, read the help file. You need to add/modify the htaccess. file (or whatever it is called. Version 2 tracks spiders for me (although not all spiders are recognised - this is an improvement in version 3.0.

Also I regularly get more than 500 visitors tracked on one of my sites. Are you saying that the figures are wrong, or are you saying that the count stops at 500. Doesn't for me.

[ 08-21-2002: Message edited by: perfectG ]

ABW Ambassador
    I downloaded the 2.0 and it seems fine but I can't get it to block an IP correctly.

I tried the two variations suggested on their board using the .htaccess file in the advlogger directory but can't get it to work.

If any of you using this could provide the info I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch

ABW Ambassador
    Hi all, I got an answer regarding blokcing ip's from perlonline and figured It post it for others.
    =============================================
    I think the easiest way would be to edit the logger.cgi file add this line somewhere in the beginning before the require "logger.cfg";

if {$ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'} eq "192.1.1.1"} {exit;}
    =============================================
    Also, to see the differences between 2.0 and 3.0 check http://www.perlonline.com/advlogger/upgrade.htm. Seems worth the upgrade price of $29.00 to me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also I regularly get more than 500 visitors tracked on one of my sites. Are you saying that the figures are wrong, or are you saying that the count stops at 500. Doesn't for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The count doesn't stop, no, but you can only view details of 500 visitors per day.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread