ABW Ambassador
    This is so pathetic it's hilarious.

I just got an e-mail saying that one of my search terms was being deleted because it didn't meet their content guidelines. The search term was doman. I SELL domain names (that's the MAIN focus of the site).

Hmm. Let's see. Should I mis-spell the word on my site too? Oh wait. Then they would remove all my listings that aren't mis-spelled. What morons. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Gotta go short some stock ....

Kip [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thats really stupid. They didn't even tell you which guideline you were violating?

"If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying" - Coleman Hawkins

ABW Ambassador
    And the stupidity continues. Here is the response I got from them:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We understand your frustration, but unfortunately we are unable to reinstate your term. As stated previously,
    we allow our advertisers to bid on misspellings only if the misspelling does not take on a different meaning."

Oh. Well. THAT clears it up. And, hey, it is to make their search results more user friendly after all. I KNOW that all of the people who type in doman mean to do so and not one of them mis-types the word domain.

Nope. All those searchers on doman are purposefully looking for "Teach your Baby" by Glenn Doman or they want to find their Doman ancestors or they are interested in finding the Yahoo Group - Gasconha-doman. These are in the top 10 results. There were only 2 ppc listings - one for 5 cents and one for 2 cents so you know "doman" people are all over that category.

Gotta give the folks at Overture credit for being so nice and looking out for all the doman surfers out there. I guess the poor people who aren't good typists are out of luck. Yep. Those folks at overture are always thinking.

Gotta go short some more stock ...

That is great news! Every time I go doman searching I sure don't want to see domain name companies listed.

Sorry to hear that they are so strict on ya

"If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying" - Coleman Hawkins

ABW Ambassador
    LOL! That's right. You and all the other doman surfers of the world will benefit from this.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Hey, all you gotta do is post a reunion notice for the Doman family, and your in! Just put a little notice at the top of a page about the Doman family, underneath, place a way for the Doman family to register their Domains, and they gotta accept it! lololololol......

I drank what?? -Socrates

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Adding to the fun, I put up a link to recruit Affiliate Partners for Mondera...of course all 5 phrases were rejected...why

"no affiliate links allowed"

Duh...

After 2 or 3 emails back and forwards they'll let me post if I prove I am Mondera...by fax.

Cheers

Chris

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    eh,heh,lololol, "Will the REAL Mondera PLEASE stand up!" Just like the game show.

I drank what?? -Socrates

Overture sent me a pen yesterday! Makes me want to go spend more money on ppc traffic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Why can't they just have specials for deposits. Like add $100 and they will add $25 or something?

Core

"Somebody's got some 'splanin to do!" - Rex [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

DOMAN INDUSTRIES LIMITED

4,200 employees

$779.2 million in annual product sales

They own/manage a sizeable chunk of Canadian forest land (885,000 hectares, according to their website).

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread