We all know google updated its search database between 20th to 25th(dunno the exact date)

Well, I did a quick search of one of my sites on google and BANG It shows the latest Cached Page Of my site which i updated on 27th of this month.

Can someone shed some light on this..

I am really Confused [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Does google update in Real Time?

The Date(next to the url and before cached pages) does the Vanishing Trick Quite Frequently.

Damn. Google is the second most strangest thing i've seen ever after my girlfriend.

Google was dancing on my site from the 23rd through the 28th. This seems to be normal. I usually don't check to see what's cached until the last dance is over. (saves on Aspirin) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I have also seen the page date change and from my traccking software I can see that Google Bot has been to the site today and yesterday.

THe only thing is that I cant get it to see that I dont use a redirection site and dont use frames.........Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhh..

regards John

ps Its nice to see the date change for the better at least you know your site has had a visit.

John Dundas

ABW Ambassador
    Check your logs for the last visit from googlebot.

The "dance" updates the SERP's, but crawls are done during the month and sometimes the cached pages are updated, and sometimes the rankings fluctuate as well.

Opposite the Slough of Despond
    Google respidered me and put some two-day old pages in the index earlier in the week, with good rankings. I think something funny happened on the index.. there are some late minute inclusions. Maybe Google is looking to increase the frequency of inclusions to compete with Fast/Alltheweb. - CreepyGuy - Poozleanimus

Google visits my index page everyday without fail, if I have changed the site since yesterday it grabs it and uses it as the cached version until the next day, if I don't change the site, it reverts to cached version from the finish of the most recent dance. That is why the dates go away frequently, so my advice is to everyone to use this to your advantage and tweak your pages, index pages anyway, and take advantage of it, I occasionally see movement from day to day, although not very often.

Windows XP - Windows XP Tips and Info

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread