ABW Ambassador
    Wow i see googlebot today

IP : 216.239.46.19 Referer :
    Browser : Googlebot/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html)
    30 -Aug-2002 at 06:26:54

likely she likes me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah I also saw the G-Man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

but I'd rather he would come on the 15th so I'll have time to update more pages...

ABW Ambassador
    Been at my sites too. A week earlier than usual. Just hope the little critters got all the pages this time.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Googlebot hits me like clockwork, same time each month. I think that's a good thing; I'd rather see it closer to dance time but at least it's predictable enough for me to schedule my month around it.

{

Stuff that makes me go, "huh?"

since the godaddy upgrade the stats don't seem to work so well... is there any script or anything to look for googlebot?

I don't have one to specifically look for Googlebot but there is a very simple logviewer script for *nix that is just a few lines of code. Are you on a nix server?

{

yeah, the servers are unix [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Google hit me this week, so how long before I should see the pages in google?

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

After further examination, it appears mr googlebot DID stop by my site (I checked the cache page and found that it was there between 26th and 28th) but chose not to spider to any of the new pages listed there... hurump!!

Any further thoughts?

Googlebot usually dips it's hairy spider leg in a few times before coming back to spider the whole site ... just wait a few days Akoss and I'm sure your whole site will be spidered.

{

I wondered if those few small dips are a result of Googlebot following links from other sites to mine. Anyone know? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Googlebot has hit my site as well, visited last night and this morning. I was actually checking the latest visitors report and could see him crawling through.

He also hit me earlier in the week for a few pages. I usually see Googlebot about once a week on my big site, with one of the visits being more thorough than the others.

Little feller acts kinda strange, doesn't he?

Andy

If you think about it, when you look at raw site logs, Googlebot behaves much like a real spider does in Nature when it builds a web.

{

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Googlebot usually dips it's hairy spider leg in a few times before coming back to spider the whole site ... just wait a few days Akoss and I'm sure your whole site will be spidered.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like googlebot didn't feel like coming back this month.... wonder why.... could it be because I have a very similar first part of each page with a long navbar down the left side.... perhaps googlebot thinks its a duplicate page?

Maybe I'll change the code a little to make those two look different before the next pass... thoughts on this please :-)

Patience my dear Akoss [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] The month isn't over and Googlebot is still abot - er about. I am sure the Spider of Good Fortune will re-visit you before the Dance.

{

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Patience my dear Akoss :<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, but, but..... you MUSt know by now I don't have ANY of that stuff! ....you feel like IM'ing me some? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I finally decided to take a break from pages and I am working on that little project as we speak. Probably wont' be done today however cuz it's too nice outside - finally - to be inside coding. But ya never know it might.

{

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread