Despite what people told me about looksmart I went ahead and created a listing in the small business directory. Let me tell you that it was the biggest waste of money I have ever done. They used keywords other than the onces I wanted... Theycharge you to change anything. Looksmart made Overture look perfect! From now on I will listen!

Core

"Somebody's got some 'splanin to do!" - Rex [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    This is going to be 50% 'I told you so' and 50% 'I'll see what I can do'.

I have said in at least a couple of threads here that Looksmart will charge for any word or words that happen to be in your title and description - I did try to warn you.

Right that's that bit. How long ago did you submit ? PM me the URL and the Looksmart title and description and I'll see what can be done. It may cost you more money (to get your description changed), it may not be worth it, but I will see what I can do for you.

Mark

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

MarkyMark,

Thank you for the offer of help and taking it easy on me with the "I told you so" stuff. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I already cancelled my listing with LookSmart and have no interest in doing business with them again. I also requested a refund for the remaining balance in my account. They emailed me back and said it will take up to 90 days for the refund to be processed! Hell, BeFree pays quicker than that!

Core

"Somebody's got some 'splanin to do!" - Rex [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Weren't they a BeFree merchant? Thankfully all my clients balances there are zero now and I don't have to worry about the hidden "gotcha's". By the time they feed the listings through the parasites and P2P file sharing networks with no buying traffic you end up back where you started. They like a lot of merchants aren't concerned with conversions ..only clicks.

WebMaster Mike

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread