I have a program that automatically resubmits my pages whenever I edit them.

If a certain page has been submitted and spidered, will I have to wait for another spider to come along after re-submission before I am listed and ranked?

Also, what if I am already ranked and receiving traffic to that page. When I edit that page and it is resubmitted will my ranking be taken away, and my traffic until I go through the process again... submit/spider/index/list/rank?

<a href="http://affiliates.sitesell.com/order-it.html">The Best Affiliate Program I've Ever Seen</a>

ABW Ambassador
    There is absolutely no point in resubmitting pages to the major search engines. It is a waste of your time and will only irritate them.

Search engines crawl the web constantly and will pick up any changes you have made to your site in their own good time; automatically submitting is not going to make this process any quicker.

Changes in ranking are down to what you have done to your page.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    Also like to add that if you are getting good trraffic to a page, be careful about changing it. You could unintentionally deoptimize it (unless you know what you are doing), and drop out of the search engines top results. Always take a backup copy so you can always revert to the old page should this happen.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

If you've got some easily visible inbound links then the spiders will find you. For instance, a link in the Open Directory will basically guarantee you get spidered.

If it's an "orphan" site - i.e. with no inbound links then you may need to resubmit it. Google hates orphan sites and will usually drop them in my experience.

Oh yes, check out SpamTheEngines [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

dynamoo.com - geeky stuff for umm geeks.

Thanks For the info... It is a great weight of my mind. Well, its time to get back to work.:)

<a href="http://affiliates.sitesell.com/order-it.html" target="_blank">The Best Affiliate Program I've Ever Seen</a>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh yes, check out Spam The Engines <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's outrageous, it's immoral and unethical [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I do not believe this works. Search engines are intelligent enough to ignore repeat submissions from a single IP address. If diiferent IP address, then it would ignore as well.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Uh, PerfectG, that site is a joke- as in humour.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    MarkyMark have you ever heard of this link popularity program?

"Contact: Lewis Hong, +86 (21)54190679, support@antssoft.com

AntsSoft has released LinkSurvey v1.0, the first software in the world which can check link popularity of multiple relative websites, make comprehensive analysis, and generate a detailed report.

Input the website addresses of your competitors, and LinkSurvey will automatically submit the queries to multiple search engines and create a detailed report with all the links by analyzing their query returning pages. It can help to find those potential high-quality link partners, and provide a way for you to know your competitors thoroughly.

LinkSurvey embeds a multi-tab web browser through which you can surf the web pages that it finds, so there is no need to switch to Internet Explorer. And this browser will help you to find the relative links and email addresses faster by the highlights displayed.

For anyone who wants to improve website link popularity and search engine ranking, LinkSurvey will provide valuable marketing information, which was hard to retrieve using other softwares and services.

LinkSurvey sells for $40(US), and is available for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP. Online sales and 30-day trial editions are available online at http://www.antssoft.com.

I have no idea if it's worth the 40.00 but it seems like a useful tool for affiliate webmasters and small merchants. The only red flagg is the special browser which I assume is like the one offered with www.copernic.com

WebMaster Mike

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread