This mostly applies to my content site, but I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow inspire this type of Google behavior on a sales site.

Lately, when I put up a new article on my site (I have a new feature every two weeks), Google has been snatching it up within a few days. The latest feature, about hGH, went up last weekend, and it's already showing up on Google (in fact, for one particular hGH search, it's on page one). All I can figure is that I'm listed in Yahoo, and my new features are always listed on my homepage for two weeks before getting filed away in the directory. I don't know my Google ranking because they don't have Google bars for the Mac.

This has happened before and I really am curious why Google is so quick to pick up on so many of my articles so quickly! I certainly love this (and frankly, I hate making this post because it sounds braggy - and, until I can make my sales sites do something noteworthy, I don't think I have bragging rights around here), but I really want to understand why this is happening so I can repeat the process! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

J

ABW Ambassador
    I've found that sites that google regularly spiders and shows the date in the SERPs can be very helpful in listing pages quickly.

I don't know if this is case with yours, but I generally find that such pages aren't yet assigned a PR and they may drop back out in a couple of days, weeks, or just before the next index. After the re-index, they're back, this time with a PR assigned.

I've got a new site that's gotten in and I'm thrilled with how it's ranking with no PR... can't wait to see after the re-index. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

OTOH, I've got a page on one site that was in, got dropped, and I've been trying for about three months to get it back with no success.

Google works in mysterious ways.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

ABW Ambassador
    Janiss
    I read somewhere that Google updates sites with fresh content much more frequently. Up to every 48 hours. So if you have a history of frequent updates, maybe that is it.

Also read that high PR sites were getting the special treatment too. Cannot comment on this as my highest is a 5

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    I see this behavoir on two of my sites. That is why the google dance used to mystify me. It comes every couple of days - why the excitement? It was until I started creating affiliate based sites that I saw the change.

Our biggest site is updated multiple times a day and is heavily linked to and has a high PR,at this point we are getting between 4,000-5,000 visits from google searches everyday. So I can attest that on that site, google is a regular visitor and the spider seems to come by every couple of days.

chet

So I guess one of the secrets is frequent updates once Google is aware of the site, right?

J

ABW Ambassador
    Yup - and 'freshness' is becoming more important every day, it seems.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

my website also got spidered and new pages were listed some days ago, but now after about 2 days all the new pages are gone again, why won't they stay? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    It's not much of an answer, but brand new pages tend not to stay in more than a couple of days. Wait until the main update at the end of the month and they should be back permanently.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Maybe that lil'ol spider just likes you!

Maybe it knows there will be a cookie waiting for it when it visits...

Maybe it feels comfortable in your web.

Whatever...Keep doing it!

Doc

"I spent most of my money on
    Gambling, Whiskey and Women.
    The rest I just wasted."

Dr-Fix-It!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread