If things don't go smoothly (or fairly) for affiliates in the merger, this could actually be an incredible opportunity.

Haiko, take this as a challenge to create the first Super Affiliate Marketing Network. SAMN would be dedicated to those 5% of affilates that drive 90% of CJ's and BeFree's revenue, but without the problems of inadequate reporting (i.e. reversal percentages), and parasites.

Keep all the great stuff we like (cj's interface, etc.), and remove everything we don't.

Haiko: you build it, and they will come.

Apollo

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    LOL ...as if Haiko wants to launch a Super Affiliates network for the top 5%. They are all traffic and cookie hijackers and spam artists.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hey, Mike (Charlie), ... open minds please.

All I'm suggesting is that affiliate marketing is nothing without BOTH the affiliates AND merchants.

If one or the other feels that they are not being served properly, they are free to leave. All that is required is an option to leave to.

Apollo

Perhaps that should be an affiliate network for the top 5% of affiliates that aren't software app publishers. Gotta keep the scum out of the network to be successful...

Andy

Perhaps it should be any darned affiliate that wants to join who isn't a parasite!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting idea Apollo

I read that people like the "interface"

Just what is it that you like?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:

Some of my favorites:

It's easy to see how much commission has been earned (no need to get out a calculator and go merchant-to-merchant). The Figure in the Upper Right lets you know how much is in your CJ account. There IS a Figure in the Upper Right--right where you can see it at a glance!

Getting links is fairly straightforward and easy.

It's easier to navigate than the others. Just how much easier depends on which Other you're comparing it to, but none seem to have beaten the CJ interface!

It's easy to tell which site generated which sales, if you register each site and use the appropriate code. One account's all you need.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

- CJ has the easiest link creation method of any major network.
    - Links have rich features such as SID, and hide tracking code.
    - You can see ALL of the link choices at once (25, 50, 100+ at a time) sorted by epc, or any other column (unlike BF or LS)
    - Reports are easy to generate, and in real time. (no idea when BF generates/refreshes their data)

quote:
    Originally posted by Merchant_Consultant_Team:
    Interesting idea Apollo

Apollo

ABW Ambassador
    BeFree updates their data once a day, so unfortunately you have no idea how much traffic you send or sales you get until 24 hours later. Additionally, many times our merchants miss the downloading and then it takes sometimes 2 or 3 days to see the sales.

CJ having real time reporting is awesome. Also, listing each transaction individually is a big plus too.

I like how easy it is to see the program terms for a merchant, even after signing up. Click on the merchant's name and up pops a window with percentage, return days, EPC and other stats.

Sometimes all the windows it spawns gets annoying, but overall, I like the interface. There are some useful features in the other networks that could improve CJ, but overall it's pretty good.

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com
    It's not just underwear, it's fun to wear!

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

On that note Scott,

CJ at least allows you to go back to a merchant and re-apply if they drop you, decline the app, etc.

On BeFree, if the merchant drops you they are gone from the available merchants list forever.

Apollo

Conceptually it seems like a terrific idea if Haiko had the drive and vision for this specific endeavor.

He has alot of things already lined up - credibility demonstrated through his integrity and loyal commitment to affiliates, network already in place, contact lists, etc...

I suppose that one question would be, what about merchants who have no interest in coming clean. With that in mind, how big of a merchant pool could be built. That is key as I see it. There are affiliate networks with this commitment already, e.g. Affiliate Fuel, Shareasale. Merchant pool is a problem...

But if successful, it could help shape performance marketing going forward as an industry leader, demonstrating that parasites, and (BHO type) incentivized marketers, do not add value to the merchants they (allegedly) service, but rather, (mostly) only make end runs in a zero sum game.

Seems like a perfect fit...

Jonathon Palbicke
    Webmaster
    www.krookedstix.com
    Webmaster@krookedstix.com
    Krooked Stix, Inc.
    It's all golf baby!

ABW Ambassador
    REM, BeFree just recently added real time stats, or almost. It updates every hour or so and says when they updated the data last.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

I like the consolidated payments and direct payment into a UK bank account.

Wonder if the CJ UK office will stay?

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

quote:
    Wonder if the CJ UK office will stay?
    Yes. We just moved into our new offcies in Soho.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Ummmm ....
    quote:
    Perhaps that should be an affiliate network for the top 5% of affiliates that aren't software app publishers. Gotta keep the scum out of the network to be successful...

Not all software app publishers are scum!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

The one thing I dont like on CJ is the "DROP PROGRAM" button. I have nightmares about hitting it by accident

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread