I need some help finding the best place(s) to submit my website so that it is listed on search engines.

I would prefer free or low cost options if available.

Also, if I don't pay Yahoo or Google or well, Looksmart the couple of hundred dollars they want EACH to crawl and list my site... how long will it take them to do it on their own.

Bottom line... any information about how I can inexpensively get my website, UrbanScooters.com, listed on search engines would really help.

Thanks,

Frankodelic
    UrbanScooters.com

ABW Ambassador
    LookSmart: Don't bother with
    Google is free, you can submit your url for free or they way it happens most often, they will find you from someone linking to your site.
    Try to get listed in DMOZ which is free and helps boost your Google placement.
    Consider paying for Yahoo, that will also help you gain some position in Google.
    I would pay to get into Inktomi for MSN results.
    I have had good return paying to get into AskJeeves/Teoma.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

ABW Ambassador
    I'd take the JS off page and add some text.

Then go for:
    DMOZ and Google will find you.
    When you have a $300 profit go for Yahoo!

You could run your entire WWW store off of just that - imho

Thanks for the info! I'll check into that.

There are a lot of "We'll submit your website to 1,000 search engines for $49.95" offers out there. Submit-It is probably the most legit of those I imagine. Are there any offers like this out there that would be worth my while?

Also... for higher placement we purchased urban-scooters.com and were planning on using that URL to attract the attention of search engines. We figure then scooters would be crawlable as part of our URL and we'd place higher because of it. However, I just realized that we're linking all of our other traffic to urbanscooters.com without the URL. Any advice here?

Thanks,

Frankodelic
    UrbanScooters.com

ABW Ambassador
    As you've already got links going to urbanscooters.com, then I would suggest you don't promote the hyphenated domain through the search engines. It will only serve to dilute your link popularity or, at worse, will be seen as a duplicate site.

Oh, and don't bother with any of those search engine submission services. They are all a waste of money. Pay for Yahoo, submit to Dmoz, and everything else will come with it.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread