I've recieved this letter:
    Dear Gregory Brown,

In accordance with the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement (
    http://www.cj.com/pub_agreement.asp ), your Publisher Account has been removed
    from the Commission Junction network and your earnings have been reversed from
    your account ("charged-back") and credited back to the relevant Advertiser(s)
    due to their status as non-bona fide transactions and your promotional
    activities or participation in creating the transactions. You are not eligible
    to rejoin the Commission Junction network and any attempt to do so shall be
    void.

How it could be? There was 3k on my acc!

ABW Ambassador
    Well, why don't you give us some background info.. How do you advertise?

Javi

-------------
    Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough?

ABW Ambassador
    Don't know, we're not CJ. Seems like they are saying you did something bad. I think contacting them is what you should do.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

ABW Ambassador
    Even eBay gets embarrassed by some of the promotional practices of its affiliates.

I am assuming from your name ebaymaster that eBay was your main merchant of choice.

I get around the engines out there and have to say you eBay publishers are making quite a mess. Did you ever think there might be boundaries with what you could get away with?

Come on and defend youself, and let's make this an interesting thread.

Were you a bad boy?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Affiliate Manager
    Must have been something pretty drastic to get booted out of CJ.

To Good Health & Wellbeing,

Chet Brzezinski
    eVitamins Affiliate Manager
    http://www.eVitamins.com

The eVitamins Parasite & Scumware Policy:
    http://www.vitamins-etc.com/parasitepolicy.asp

you must of done something bad to cause that.. Perhaps spamming? Which if that was the reason. you deserve it. Also I can't believe you could make $3000 in 6 months... at cj. unless your know alot about this biz? You must of been a bad boy

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    Xtreme's partnership information

"One thing life taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else" Eleanor Roosevelt

8. Newbie
    quote:
    Originally posted by jasonco12:
    Also I can't believe you could make $3000 in 6 months... at cj.

Hey that statement is not accurate I make more than that in 6 months at CJ.....

How about "I do not believe you made that much for eBay at cj in 6 months"

10. Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ebaymaster-
    Can you give us more info on your predicament? One thing I've seen with some ebay sites, they have a contest and reqire signing with ebay as part of the reqiurement for entering the contest. That would get you in trouble, anything like that? If not, don't know what to say without more info.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

Yes indeed ... sounds like someone wasn't playing nice and by the rules!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Hummmmmm
    Kinda quiet form the Ebaymaster

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

Affiliate Manager
    Ya, I think he was trying to "get even" with CJ for booting him by trying to make them look bad with his post...a common tactic I have seen alot in my days

No matter what happened, CJ acts like the police department in a Kafkaesque scenario. When you take measures against somebody and forfeit his/her revenue, the least you can do is tell them what exactly they did that was wrong. Obviously, CJ prefers to assume a pretty cowardly position to coming right out and telling the truth about the matter. That is disgusting.

huhu

Affiliate Manager
    CJ might very well have told him everything but he is not telling the whole story... in these situations you have no real way of knowing. But I would have to give my benefit of the doubt to CJ... I know CJ isn't perfect but I know they would not be kicking affiliates out just for kicks or to play cops.

The agreement clearly spells out how an affiliate can lose all revenue .. guess this fell under that scenerio.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

I'm not defending ebaymaster I think he must have done something pretty drastic to get booted out by CJ but what really pisses me off is the fact that CJ will do this to an ordinary affiliate yet the two faced buggers will allow all the parasites in the world to divert and steal our commissions and still try to tell us everything is legal.

Personaly I hope the bloody lot of em lose their jobs when the takeover takes effect.

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

What Gordon said.

Except if David Elam is there I hope he doesn't get the boot. I think he is one of the good guys which explains why we don't hear from him.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

yes you are right there Ssanf, David was a nice guy, but then again Todd was at one time I guess the parasites must have paid either him or his bosses too much to allow him to speak the truth

If you are reading this David I hope you keep your job and if you don't I hope you get an even better one than you presently have

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

I agree with Gordon about the double standard at CJ. Everyday, non-super affiliates, must tow the line and do everything by the book or they're GONE! In the blink of an eye!

Yet others, the so-called "super affiliates," can get caught violating the CoC, and overwrite cookies from other affiliates, yet they get the red carpet treatment. They might even get their photo on the front page, perhaps.

It's a double standard...it's wrong...and it's unethical. Shame, shame, shame...

Andy

I agree with Gordon, SSanf and Andy.

That is why they have affiliate that tries the scummy way because they think why not? If the parasites is having red carpet, why can't they?

It's common sense you know, just do it right in the first place and it doesn't matter if your knowledge on this business is limited take your time to read and learn and if you are dedicated it will pay off, might not be as big as you would like but still beat the day job!

the lame use of affiliate marketing is not gonna do you any good on the long run, do it right and you can compete. Do it wrong and there is always 99% chance that you will pay bigger price!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread