www: 634,000 results
    www2: 657,000 results
    www3: 657,000 results

The dance has started!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try me.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    To all you GoogleTigers,

May all your new Tiger pages rank high and let the sales begin. I have a vault full of money to give....

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eaglefire:
    Yep -

According to the "meter"

[QUOTE]
    The search for link:www.yahoo.com produced on
    checking .... done!
    www: 634,000 results
    www2: 657,000 results
    www3: 657,000 results

The dance has started!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Eaglefire,

I'm a little naive to this whole Google dance thing. I understand that it refers to the time(s) during the month where Googles bots go out and grab sites and info on sites and incorporate them into the Google directory.

What I'm confused by is how people know, and what the meter is, and how someone can use it to see what is happeing.

Could you give me the 'Googledance for dummies' explanation?

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, looking good, i knew it would happen once i went to bed.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.fm-transmitter.com/google-dance/
    go there and type in a keyword and domain and you will know when it has started when you see some major although sometimes some minor differences.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BareNecessities:

I'm a little naive to this whole Google dance thing. I understand that it refers to the time(s) during the month where Googles bots go out and grab sites and info on sites and incorporate them into the Google directory.

What I'm confused by is how people know, and what the meter is, and how someone can use it to see what is happeing.

Could you give me the 'Googledance for dummies' explanation?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael
    It seem we are all using slight variations on a theme here to gauge when it begins. Firstly as I understand it, Google dance is when Google changes it's index to reflect pages that were trawled earlier in the month. Google is not putting pages in the index that it finds now - they will be for the next update (possible exception for high PR sites).

The way I find out about the dance is to go to:

http://www.fm-transmitter.com/google-dance/

Or another site like this (go to Google and search for Google dance and there are alternatives).

Then type in a keyword. e.g. Go there now and type "halloween costumes" without the quotes. Hit the search button.

You will be presented with a threeway split screen showing results from Google and its two 2experimental" indexes. When there are significant differences between these, then the dance has begun.

Be careful though as all throughout the month there are slight variations in most searches 9but usually only one site moving up or down one slot). At dance time all hell breaks loose.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    At dance time all hell breaks loose.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe...based on everyone's reactions to the Google dance, I would have to agree with your comment.

I did what you said, and I see what you are talking about.

Thanks for the GD lesson (that's Google dance lesson). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

Yup it has begun and yup it sucks to be me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] I guess I should be happy for this months income. I better be because next months will suck. I lost all my top listings and then some. Oh Well,

Good Luck to the rest of you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    You know, thousands of years from now, when all of this is lost in the mists of time, there will probably be a cult celebrating the monthly google dance as some form of harvesting ritual, lol.

If you try to please everybody, someone won't like it -Rumsfeld

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

google crawled my wbeiste 2 weeks ago, and even put the new pages as fresh for two days, but now they are not showing www3 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

what could be the reason?

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

This can't be right.... Tell them to start again in a few hours after I change some pages... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.
    Rule of acquisition #80

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    aw, it's not done yet..... remember, google still has to put Leader's links above ours still, so it can't be done!

If you try to please everybody, someone won't like it -Rumsfeld

Eeeeeeek it's gone live now, at least on the European mirror. Horrible, horrible.

Меня зовут Динаму

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    Eeeeeeek it's gone live now, at least on the European mirror. Horrible, horrible.

Меня зовут http://www.dynamoo.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's worse than horrible... Gone from page 1 down to page 13...

I think it's time to hibernate [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Can someone please waken me in spring [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.
    Rule of acquisition #80

Shamrock,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> google crawled my wbeiste 2 weeks ago, and even put the new pages as fresh for two days, but now they are not showing www3 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The exact same thing happened to me with several pages. They showed in the main index for a couple of days and then disappeared. Now they are no where to be found. I had high hopes for them too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I stayed the same and moved up on my main keywords but the same thing happend to me: pages that were there a few days ago are nowhere to be found. Hopefully they will find there way back somehow

Fish &lt;----

The thing is --- as Doug Adams so wisely put it ---

DONT PANIC!!!

Google serps fluctuate for a few days before they settle down and reflect the true update.

Now, if by Monday or Tuesday, the serps remain the way they are, I will be starting a support group entitled ...

Rage, Tears and Serps.
    Moving beyond the really cruddy update results that end up with me homeless cause no one finds me on page 131 for my keyword results and I get evicted cause I can't pay my rent, my wife leaves me cause I said I could do this, my dog dies cause I have to eat him, and my car breaks down as I'm about drive it over my computer whose hard drive crashed with all the new pages I did between updates, losing them all.

Seriously, give the results some time to settle.
    Got my fingers crossed for ya... ahem and me too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Something strange is afoot at Circle K

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Popdawg:
    Fish &lt;----

The thing is --- as Doug Adams so wisely put it ---

DONT PANIC!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not panicing, but I will be re-uploading last months pages before they were updated for this month, just to see if that will help any [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ummmmm, Mr GoogleGuy,

If your snooping around here;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rage, Tears and Serps.
    Moving beyond the really cruddy update results that end up with me homeless cause no one finds me on page 131 for my keyword results and I get evicted cause I can't pay my rent, my wife leaves me cause I said I could do this, my dog dies cause I have to eat him, and my car breaks down as I'm about drive it over my computer whose hard drive crashed with all the new pages I did between updates, losing them all.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same for me as PopDawg says, How about a break here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Hey, ya's never know! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I've just digested the 300+ messages at Webmaster World and the prognosis is..

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Maybe less emphasis on pagerank this time round.
    <LI>Also less emphasis on inbound links (sort of the same thing).
    <LI>More emphasis on keyword density.
    <LI>Big fluctuations for pages that haven't fundamentally been changed.
    <LI>Lots of missing things from the new indices. The new indices (including when it sporadically flips to www) are missing the "minty fresh" items.
    <LI>A major algo change, possibly in response to Google bombing and "Pagerank for sale" issues.
    <LI>There are top 10 results coming from nowhere often with poor relevancy.[/list]

This is the thread to watch. So far no comment from GoogleGuy but then I think "no comment" might be his only comment (if he were to comment). Erm.

Меня зовут Динаму

&gt;&gt; There are top 10 results coming from nowhere often with poor relevancy.

Yes - I've noticed this ... alarmingly poor relevancy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I also have some one page mini-sites that are turning up twice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] in the same result set.

Try me.

ABW Ambassador
    Useful post, thanks.

These would explain my scenario on my "lost site":
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    + Big fluctuations for pages that haven't fundamentally been changed.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These would be contradictory to my scenario:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    + Maybe less emphasis on pagerank this time round.
    + Also less emphasis on inbound links (sort of the same thing).
    + More emphasis on keyword density.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My keyword density is good. Pagerank of only 4, and low inbound links. Yet a page that was 6th out of 2 million competing sites has disappeared out of site for those keywords.

I have another site that has not changed in months and it has stayed the same. position.

Certainly new pages have gone straight up to top 10. Wait for PR to kick in and lets see.

Andy Williams

Have you guys noticed some of the absurd results? If it stays the same as this there will be a lot of upset surfers.. Somebody looking for a "black-n-decker cordless drill" Will be finding results for "little orphan annie broadway musical videos" I found quite a few whacked out irrelevent results like that.. Good thing I only live in a one story home [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Wait, where's the toaster???

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cubbbb2:
    Have you guys noticed some of the absurd results? If it stays the same as this there will be a lot of upset surfers.. Somebody looking for a "black-n-decker cordless drill" Will be finding results for "little orphan annie broadway musical videos" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention the Black N Decker Dildo Drill

Andy Williams

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast