ABW Ambassador
    Things still might change, but from what you've seen so far, how do you think the algo has changed. What are people seeing so we can get ready for the next update. More emphasis on ? less on ?

May all your ups and downs be in bed

I think THIS LINK tells us everything we need to know about google.

ABW Ambassador
    lol i got it now, i'll be ready now for the next update

Actually as much as google did what ever you want to call it I haven't seen much if any effects so far.

We still don't know if google is going to include those results or not so I'd hold off for a couple of days before doing anything.

Also just to give my oppinion I think everyone is better off building their sites their way and forget what google wants. Google is getting to powerfull I mean they shouldn't be the ones deciding how you are going to build you site.

ABW Ambassador
    Thats a good idea, just keep making your site with sound optimization techniques. Good metas, have the keyword(s) on the page, get reciprocal links the usual stuff. I've seen where people have posted where they had top 3 positions and dropped big time. If the others saw those that were in the top 3 and copied the way they did things, they now would be at the bottom too. The people now at top, might have been doing the same thing all along. I'm just going to continue to do what i do. One update you might be down and next you might be up again. You can try and redo your whole site based on what Google did this time, but next Google update it might go back to the way you had it.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Also just to give my oppinion I think everyone is better off building their sites their way and forget what google wants <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with your opinion Heyder! I never really had the patience for that sort of thing (SEO) even though I figured it out anyway under duress. If OverSure hadn't become even more frustrating than Google I would have never cared about any Google algo.

Now that they have seemingly changed their algo I am seriously considering advertising instead of trying to figure it out. That picky "Do it Our Way" manner of theirs is starting to remind me of...*gasp* [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] MANAGEMENT! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I guess it makes sense to diversify in your site design / optimization techniques just as it does in your mix of merchants and search terms. I lost a lot of search terms in this update, but the same thing happened back in April and they later returned.
    Maybe they are trying to stop the "go to hell" stuff, would make sense.. news stories like this don't look good - "go to hell" news item

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread