Well I am at a total loss on what is occurring with my Google Adwords Select account. I check my email this morning and see that my Adwords Select account was suspended due to a low clickthrough rate. What? My clickthrough rate for my campaign is above the .5% needed. So anyways I go in and change one of my ads and restart my account. Again I receive another suspension email due to low clickthrough after restarting my ad campaign with a clickthrough rate of 2.4% ( about 5x the minimum needed (54 clicks for 2238 impressions)).

I have sent Google an email wondering what the heck is going on. I haven't heard a thing yet. This is truly upsetting for me as Google Adwords Select has been productive for me and is an essential aspect of my site marketing needs. I am sick to my stomach to be honest regarding this matter.

Has anyone else gone through this process?

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

ABW Ambassador
    The last time I got put on hold it was falling below 1% which is where I assumed the performance level was.

That was a while back and havent had any problems after tuning my keywords and monitoring them. For a while it was a real job monitoring the sussess and tossing and tuning but now it's like autopilot. Keep at it.

When I contacted Google Adwords about a similar situation, the explanation was that the clickthrough calculation was based on a continuous "snapshot", not a cumulative total.

What this means is that your clickthrough rate is always calculated on the last 1000 impressions, not your total impressions. So if 50 of your clicks occurred during the first 1000 impressions (5% CTR), but only 4 clicks came from the most recent 1000 impressions (.04%), you would still be below the clickthrough threshold, even though your overall clickthrough rate is well above the threshold.

My clickthrough rate for the previous 1000 impressions when my campaign was suspended a second time was definitely above 2%.

I never heard back from Google but yesterday when I logged in - the suspension was lifted. I don't know the whole story but obviously Google decided that the suspension that was placed on my account needed to be lifted.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

I didn't say I believed them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    CTR are very, very high on Google. One of my campaigns had an 8% CTR and I had an average position of 4.5.

Others, had 2% and managed to stay realtively high (1-2).

But that's not what I'm concerned with. I had terrible conversions once they got to the site. The one with 8% CTR was sent to a site were I have a 3% CR. But I had ZERO sales from googles traffic and over 150 click throughs. In fact, I've had a terrible time making money off google adwords traffic, and quit spending money.

Did you make sales off your google adword traffic?

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

Hello. First post here (Great board!). I am also getting great click-through rates, but has anyone noticed that they can change cpc on you. I had bought a keyword estimated to be 20 cents a click, checked it out 12 hours later, it was clicking 51 cents a click!

Their maximum CPC is a joke too (way above Overture and other PPCs) I'm about done with Adwords, its costing too much with very little sales!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread