We just forked over the $299 to list on Yahoo! and rank #126 of 131 possible entries on one of our main key terms. Key term: electric scooter. And we've got to pay the $299 again at the beginning of 2003??? What a crock!

We also listed with Inktomi. It's a much more reasonable fee at $39 but I don't even see us in the top 300 (unpaid) listings there. Key term: electric scooter.

I'm having trouble with the ODP as well. I submitted a listing about a month ago, but the category we fall under doesn't have an editor. We've not heard back from the ODP.

Please take a look at our site, UrbanScooters.com, and let us know what we need to do to increase our ranking for the keyterm "electric scooter" and other related terms.

Thanks for the help,

Frank Minero
    UrbanScooters.com

I think the problem is lack of text on your pages. Try an get some product reviews written up and included on the pages.

Hint: include lots of descriptive keywords in the product reviews.

HTH

ABW Ambassador
    With Yahoo, it has been a recent trend that new pages go in towards the bottom of the listings. It usually changes over time.

Regarding the rest of the site, you aren't going to rank of electric scooter unless you actually properly target that term. The lack of text on the home page isn't really a problem. But if the singular form 'electric scooter' is what you wish to rank on, you should at least have that in your title tag and a heading tag.

There are also, I believe, issues with indexing your shopping pages, as it uses a proprietorial extension (.mv). This has two deleterious effects on your ranking - in that most of your sales content is not likely to be indexed. Also, it will appear to Google that you don't have many pages.

There's a whole bunch of other things that aren't helping as well.

I rarely, if ever, say this, but if you are serious about getting good ranks for UrbanScooters and want to open up the search engines as a direct sales channel, you can send me a Private Topic or email me at mark@1design4life.co.uk .

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    If markymark says something regarding search engines, it must be true.

What you're asking for is something that giant seo firms would charge you close to 5k or more just to answer. MM gave you part of it for free.

I would take markymark up on his offer if you're serious about getting found.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, Mr AffiliateMakeover. Your check is in the mail [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This is a serious offer, though, UrbanScooters, if you wish to discuss it further.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Mr. MarkyMark... I appreciate your generous offer. Check your inbox for an email message from me. By the way I thought you were great in Planet of the Apes.... damn the critics!

Thanks everybody,

Frank Minero
    UrbanScooters.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread