Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What's going on with this issue?? It was suggested to us two weeks ago that a resolution is near.

Since then, I see no resolution in my tests, and nothing more on it. Did I miss an update??

"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."

I guess they're still working on it.

I suppose no news is good news, but in this instance no news means CJ ads are still being blocked...

Andy

Animal Lover
    Bumping this up - anyone heard anymore? Anyone doing anything about it with their CJ links?

Oscar

Animal Lover
    I guess if Value Click merges CJ and BeFree and opts to use BeFree as a template it could possibly make the Norton issue disappear? Or am I too naive...

Oscar

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I would think that the buy-out effects everything at cj. They are probably on a holding pattern until after xmas and then they will decide what to do. Either they will fold one service into another or allow both to continue relatively independently. I wouldn't expect any major changes in cj until after the merger is complete.

Of course, what do I know

Mike
    Stallion Shoppe
    Horse themed gifts and collectibles

Bumping this up and will continue to do so until there is real answers from those in the know.

One thing I hate is lip service, and all the talk about a solution being "close" has stopped so what other conclusion is there.

Some real answers isn't asking much, is it?

Has this issue been put on the back burner or what??

Did I miss a post addressing this again??

"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    bfast, the Befree linkserver was listed on the Norton block list too.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    And probably mediaplex as well - which all CJ links to eBay go via. Another ValueClick property.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

The hold up/roadblocks are on Symantec's end. We are still working on it though.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmm... maybe Symantec could use some "funding" from Valueclick to get the roadblock cleared up in time for Holiday traffic .

Translation...Symantec's told CJ to shove it.

Therefore, absolutely nothing is going to be done to change this situation.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

quote:
    Originally posted by Lisa:
    ... get the roadblock cleared up in time for Holiday traffic .

The power of 10,600+ can be far greater than that of VC or BF or CJ or all of them combined

I'm still on this. I have been nice [corporate and professional] up to now ... now on to Haikster mode! Giddy up!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Hey Haiko

Tell them that $20 x half the affiliates here can buy a nice high powered attorney with money left over to create a stirr to get the news media's involved.

Nice class action suit will get them moving!

I have no problem in helping organize this....

What I am good at. Making things happen if the backing is there..

ABW Ambassador
    Alrighty then Haikster,

Repeat after me ...

NO MORE MR. NICE GUY !

If someone doesn't do SOMETHING soon, you're gonna need a violin playing icon for ABestWeb.

Sad, but unfortunately, so true .

NO MORE MR. NICE GUY !

Haiko

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    You go, girl!!!

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

[edited]

[This message was edited by Haiko on October 13, 2003 at 11:35 PM.]

19. 2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The PR battle for recruiting at CJ and ValueClick/BF is going to be real uphill if this smoke screen isn't eliminated. The entire cream of the crop of BF and CJ merchants are ABWers who demand their links appear during the Holiday shopping period. If only those merchants like TigerDirect, who had the balls to sue the BHO's, to keep them off their domain are the only ones showing sales then you can stick a fork in this combined merger.

Only the BHO's and their pimps will make any Holiday money and even the couponers and SE spammers will be SOL as that industry seals up it's borders. Then comes the beggin to swap out all CJ links when the 3rd Christmas in a row takes a nose dive for all domain bound affiliates. The those major brand AM's will have to figure out how to push their fat pig merchant clients up a steep hill with no advertising pawns to assist them. Market for Dupers just dried up folks due to 60 million on the No-Call-List, $1100 per spam fines and 5 year jail terms for Opt-Out spammers. Add in Popup blockers, parasite removers and firewalls blanking out available Ad space at high traffic sites and the targeting activity of the thousands of broke small shopping site owners becomes important.

Get real mad folks as their aren't enough Andy's or Akivas to go around as the commission sharks force the merchants to look at their affiliate marketing ROI plummet under existing AM directions. Those wishing to concentrate 100% on judging all programs strickly by conversion ratio will survive. All else playing the coupon incent traffic game will get eaten by SE changes and the BHO's.

The house of cards is crumbling under the weight of the greedy Ad whore mentality, who forgot to factor in the value of a click to those with the credit cards seeking a direct line from point A to B when in the mood for shopping.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I think that is german Jason. Haiko? Spreke en ze deutch????

Chris

----------------------------
    ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

I bet Haiko thought Drewbert was responding to his post and figured out it was Lisa's post Drewbert was responding to.

Couldn't delete his post so he edited it....literally.

May be wrong . I would have thought an administrator could delete anything though.

cditty,

No, but I understand it (I speak Norwegian).

My spanglish is bad but I was born in Mexico and chased by bogus cops [women problems], my spoken is waaaay better than written!

Haiko

ja Chris eine bier bitte I know just enough to get by

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

Actually...this didn't come out right. So I deleted it.

Time for bed...

Gordon, how dare you use that dirty tone with me.

Chris

ps....Gordon, unfortunately, german class was over 11 years ago. I was so bad in it, my teacher recommended that I drop it in the first 6 weeks. About the only real thing I remember are a few choice dirty phrases that she taught us. I wouldn't remember a stupid verb or noun in german, but darnit, 11 years later, I remember those dirty phrases. Go figure.

----------------------------
    ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast