ABW Ambassador
    What did you get after new algo ?
    for me traffic was very fluctuative some times drop almost 40% and some times jump. and also minty fresh make me crazy, though every day got different ranking

I had a *big* drop because it lost my minty-fresh pages, then it went up to normal levels again. Oddly traffic has been dropping off again for the past week.

Меня зовут Динаму

After the last dance traffic from Google dropped a little bit but my minty fresh pages ranked well and pulled good traffic. It's kinda odd, but last Thursday Googlebot spidered my site and hit each page twice. Friday's traffic went way up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Oops.. I just checked and the minty fresh pages have GONE again, which explains the drop-off in traffic.

There's an article today at Slashdot referring to another article at Wired - although the Webmaster World furore was well over a week ago!

Меня зовут Динаму

Google is really pissing me off this month. My traffic has remained about the same but it keeps fluctuacting almost daily. for all of my newer (and smaller) sites it seems that my ranking has dropped significantly however the traffic is remaining the same. And last off, Googlebot keeps spidering my sites almost daily and visiting a few hundred pages. If it keeps this up I'll run out of bandwidth for the month :\

ABW Ambassador
    Consider this:

What would happen if Google DROPPED dmoz?

ABW Ambassador
    The SERPs would look like Inktomi ? I dunno, but they don't seem to be showing any signs of dropping Dmoz. Indeed, this update seems to be indicative of more ODP influence than ever.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    >more ODP influence than ever.
    That's my point [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Seems like I have totally different experience then you - my site is now N.1 on 2 great keyphrases and N.14 on one I'd never dream off getting even close to top! Looking forward to my PayPal account exploding this month [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

YOURsoft - worlds 1st dealware scripts!
    NEW - Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

ABW Ambassador
    Ah what did I get after the new google dance - a site that had a #4 listing for nearly 8 months - DROPPED TO NO MANS LAND!!!!!

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread