Hi all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I doubt anyone remembers me. I used to post here, but problems and other stuff have kept me away for a long, long time.

Last year I almost went crazy because I paid the $300 to have my site included in Yahoo! and was rejected.

I swore to never do that again.

But a few weeks ago I did just that. I paid to have a site icluded, and was accepted [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Three sites accepted and one rejected. Three very similar sites, so again I think Yahoo functions without rhyme or reason.

I was elated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But a few days later I notice that Yahoo is not showing category matches anymore. The results go directly to web site matches.

Did I throw my money away again? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Why would anyone pay the $300 to show up on the web site matches?

This new development really upsets me, because I took money from previous earnings and risked losing it to be included, and it looks like I wont benefit from this inclusion.

I'm worried, because I cant work outside home due to health reasons, so I have all my hopes in earning an honest living on this affiliate thing.

So, is this a new Yahoo policy? Did I stupidly waste my money *again*?

Yahoo! have JUST changed over to a new system (they are keeping with Google however) - and it seems people who paid $299 for the directory listings are going to lose lots of traffic now....

Thanks for the reply, HappySausage.

Man, if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Those people at yahoo were acting in bad faith if they kept accepting submissions two weeks ago before anouncing the new policy.

I thought they were scum before, but really they are crooks

I would do a chargeback on your credit card if I was you....

Vancouver, WA
    Anyone know why Yahoo is doing this? It seems to me that this is going to cost them some money, unless Google is forking out the cash big time.

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads to poverty" - Proverbs 14:23

According to Yahoo:
    "What's changed with Yahoo! Search?
    You may have noticed that the Yahoo! Search results look a little different.
    As part of our ongoing efforts to offer you the easiest and most rewarding search experience, by default we now list results ranked by relevancy that combine web page matches from both third parties and the Yahoo! Directory.

Previously, by default we listed search results from the Yahoo! Directory and third-party search engine providers separately. Directory listings can still be viewed separately by clicking on the "Directory Site Matches" option in the navigation bar located below the search box.

Yahoo! Search returns comprehensive results that match the words you entered. The results are divided into four main sections:

Inside Yahoo!: Relevant products and services from within the Yahoo! network
    Directory Category Matches: Relevant categories in the Yahoo! Directory
    Sponsor Matches: Paid listings for commercial or product-related searches
    Web Matches: Search results from third-party search engine providers, combined with listings from the Yahoo! Directory."

Copied that from their site.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread