I am going to try these things again. In the old Adwords, there was a tool similar to Overture's where you could see rough counts of certain keyword searches. I can't find that on the new Adwords. Is it there somewhere? I am too cheap to buy Wordtracker.

---Hershey

"Play like you have never lost. Love like you have never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching."

I'm too cheap Also. I have had success using Overtures tool and using their results for my Adwords account . Goclick also has a tool to check related keywords but I'm not too sure about the accuracy of it. There must be a FREE tool to use to find keyword search numbers on Google??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

There WAS a free tool on Google. I am always scoping out the free stuff and I don't like it when it disappears! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---Hershey

"Play like you have never lost. Love like you have never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching."

I use the following free software for keyword analysis:

http://www.goodkeywords.com

It gives you a quick way to see which keywords work best for your pages.

It comes with the following recommendation from Danny Sullivan of SEW

"I'm not easily impressed with promotion software, but this one's a keeper."

Danny Sullivan in the subscriber area of Search Engine Watch"

Also, you can try this. Nothing free for google though that I know of.

http://inventory.overture.com/d/sear...ry/suggestion/

[This message was edited by Steve G on October 24, 2002 at 10:26 PM.]

Steve, thanks! I'll give it a try.

---Hershey

Hi
    In the new keywords it tells you how many times that the pharse/words have been searched and what your click through rate is.

Its not too bad. Anyway, last time I tried one of these keyword check things it came back up with string of things. When I checked over them it turned out the cheeky thing was reporting the keywords that I was using on my site.

regards
    John

John Dundas
    http://gph.org.uk
    johndundas@gph.org

ABW Ambassador
    Too cheap to buy Wordtracker ? You must be very cheap indeed as it costs about $6 for a day's access. Indeed, their idea of a day is somewhat extended, lasting, as it does, about 72 hours.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Perhaps "too cheap" means (for me) that there is so much useless garbage available for a price that one doesn't know who is legit and who isn't. If the information is accurate then the price is resonable. I don't mind spending money for something worthwhile in return. But that is becoming increasingly hard to do.

ABW Ambassador
    Be careful using Overture keyword recommendations. They have been known to be completely wrong although this month looks more realistic checking September searches

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I've certainly had my confidence in the Overture tool shaken in the past when you see some of the results it returns. The numbers at the top look exciting, then you scroll down to see some unbelievable results. Makes you think again about the whole thing.

500000 sensible search
    499950 reasonable search
    357362 search reasonable
    1523 17th earl of monfieths search for inca gold with his pet labrador

... except the crazy search probably has spelling mistakes too, making it really impossible to imagine it was replicated twice, let alone hundreds of times.

It can be a useful brainstorming tool though.

(BTW - I made up that example [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(BTW - I made up that example [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're crazy

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

We've always done well using Overture's tool. It's accurate enough of the time and there when we need it most of the time. If that changes, then I will invest in Wordtracker. But why spend money when it's not nessecary? We keep our operating expenses to about 6% of our monthly gross, leaving 94% profit. I learned long ago that the ONLY reason to spend money is to make money. When Overture's tool stops doing that, then it will be time to pay for Wordtracker. Unless I can find something else just as good for free!

---Hershey

Signing up for wordtracker is well worth it.. If you use it well, it will repay its investment over and over again (and you'll maintain your percentages).. As for overture, that's simply a "keyword deception tool". The figures are so far off its a joke.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I learned long ago that the ONLY reason to spend money is to make money. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hersey, I thought you were a liberal. Welcome aboard!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I AM a liberal when it comes to most things. When it comes to business, I am very conservative.

---Hershey

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread