Hello One and all,

Well here we go again. I have lost all my keyword
    places over night?

Anyone else know whats going on at Google? Google has been to my site today and spidered 35 pages but I just find any of the pages apart from my index and toc.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (yet again)

regards John

John Dundas
    http://gph.org.uk
    johndundas@gph.org

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Well here we go again. I have lost all my keyword places over night?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto, see my post... does it feel better if everyone is hurting? NOPE! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Ohhhh, thank you, your Googleness, for bringing one of my primary keywords back from the dead, lol. I have said this before, and I swear it's true:

Thousands of years from now, when we are all lost to the mists of time, legends will rise and people will speak in awe of the ancient ritual known as the Google Dance.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Hi

Well the mystrey deepens. I have just did the old
    -111111111 gph.org.uk check in the google search box and lots of pages are missing.

On some of the remaining pages the chached page is from the 10th Sep (even older on some). What has happened to Google? My sites get crawled each day and the cached pages well well uptodate and even in the listing they had a little date beside them.

Anyway, something is not right at all (apart from the happy elbow person).

Anyone any ideas at all????????????????

regards
    John

John Dundas
    johndundas@gph.org

ABW Ambassador
    Don't have any answers to this, John. It happened with one of my sites last month and I couldn't figure out any rhyme or reason. The good news was it sorted itself out after a week or so of appearing and disappearing.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Yeah something happened. Look at this:

The North Face Denali Jacket - Mens - Free Shipping!
    ... The North Face Denali Jacket - Mens. Price: $164.95, Sale Price: $148.46.
    Quantity on hand: 535. The North Face Denali Jacket - Mens ...
    www.backcountrystore.com/store/TNF0115.html - 40k - Nov. 5, 2002 - Cached - Similar pages

That's my listing in my google. What's interesting is look at the quantity on hand. We have 518 on hand and sold 10 today, which means that this index comes from yesterday. Odd.

The Merchant only wins if the Afilliate wins.

Check again today John, I watched google dance all day yesterday and my #13 site pulled back up to #18 with a more recent cache [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    What's up with Google ???

Searches on certain computer keywords have all kinds of different partners up and down...will be an interesting month indeed....

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

Well Folks,

Things have all changed again but for the better.

I know have the top results for "Whats on In Glasgow" and "Whats on in Glasgow XXXX (replace it with month)".

Also my Glasgow music venues is listed within top 5 and my airport transfers for three airports in Scotland are all in the top 4.

Well what can one say. Traffic to my Whats on pages is certainly way back up again.

Also all the cache pages are back to normal, its as if Google went back a few weeks for a while then updated itself.

I have noticed that since intorducing the "Whats On" pages, traffic from other search engines has certainly increased.

Anyway, back to the watching phase.

regards John

John Dundas
    johndundas@gph.org

John,

Glad to hear that everything is improving for you. I know how hard it is to wait, but sometimes you just have to with the SEs.

I've seen Googlebot really pounding my site hard the last few days as well. Maybe he's back on track again.

Sometimes I think the powers that be at Google do things just to watch the reaction on the Internet. They know they're being watched... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Its called everflux.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread