ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Wordtracker
    This shows the number of times a particular keyword has appeared in our database.

E.g. Our database currently holds 308 million words. A count of 147 tells us that this particular word has appeared 147 times in 308 million (this is over 60 days - a two month period).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a KW has a count of 147, does it mean:

a) it was searched an avarege of 147 times per day during the previuos 60 days (total of 8820)

or

b) It was searched only 147 times in 60 days

Javi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---
    Thou Shall Not Copy

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    B

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

ABW Ambassador
    Thats the way I read it too, but I did a search for "scuba diving gear" with the Overture Search term suggestion tool. It had 2325 searches in September and when I did the same search in Wordtracker I only got 256 searches in 60 days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I know that Overture includes misspelled words and all but it seems to much if you ask me.

Javi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    B.

I would trust WT over any PPC "free" keyword service.

WT rocks and it works.

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If a KW has a count of 147, does it mean:

a) it was searched an avarege of 147 times per day during the previuos 60 days (total of 8820)

or

b) It was searched only 147 times in 60 days
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure that it means it was searched an average of 147 times per day.

ABW Ambassador
    Javi
    I found a term with 48,000 monthly searches using Overture and got my page for that term to #1 at MSN. I got 1-2 hits a day!!!.. I checked at wordtracker and found that the search term according to them got 80 searches in the last 2 months. Which do you think is more accurate?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the number of times a particular keyword has appeared in our database.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WordTracker's database represents maybe 2% or 3% of all web searches. To assume their numbers roughly translate to daily searches on the WHOLE web is close enough for reasonably intelligent promotional decisions. It's not exact, but will be in the right order of magnitude (at least it seems that way from my experience with some #1 Google listings).

Overture's suggestion tool numbers are probably skewed by automatic bid checkers, and for sure they are skewed by the fact that Overture lumps together singular, plural, possessives, hyphenated phrases and a variety of misspellings into the same total. WordTracker will report them separately. If you're bidding in Overture you can just bid on one term and Overture will look after the variations for you, but if you're trying to optimize for the free engines it's important to know whether people are more likely to search for "blue widgets" plural or "blue widget" singular, etc.

I swear at Overture; I swear by WordTracker.

Elisabeth Archambault

Seems like the right place to ask.... it IS related after all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm struggling with Meta keywords.... in a search for notebooks, WT comes back with (among others) "Cheap Notebook Computers for Students" my questions are:

Should you include the WHOLE thing in your meta tags and body.... and then any permutations of the words... and if you use "notebook computers, notebook computer, notebook for students" in the meta does google count each time you use the word notebook, or does it count "whole sentences" between the comma's

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Javi:
    ... I did a search for "scuba diving gear" with the Overture Search term suggestion tool. It had 2325 searches in September<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At Overture, that means the term was searched for x times by real people and y times by affiliates, keyword proxies, miscellaneous internet marketing robots and query tools. I suspect y is much greater than x and both are multiplied by a large random number.

Are you Crazy?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tj:

I'm struggling with Meta keywords.... in a search for notebooks, WT comes back with (among others) "Cheap Notebook Computers for Students" my questions are:

Should you include the WHOLE thing in your meta tags and body.... and then any permutations of the words... and if you use "notebook computers, notebook computer, notebook for students" in the meta does google count each time you use the word notebook, or does it count "whole sentences" between the comma's<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meta keywords don't "seem" to have the same weigh they used to have anymore. Specially in Google. I may be wrong.

You should optimize for the entire key phrase, better yet, optimize one page per key word phrase. This will bring up your relevance. Mentioning the key word phrase in context of the content will help you greatly. Also be sure to use that key word phrase on your title, your first 20-30 words of text on the page, and on your page heading.

It's plenty of work, but if you take say the top 20 keyword phrase based on KEI, (keyword effectiveness index), build 20 pages around those 20 keyword phrases, including all the elements, you should have 20 kick butt entry pages for that page. Be sure to modify and make each page different so as not to be penalized.

Also helps to name the page after the key word phrase, i.e. /blue-computer-widget.htm [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'm no expert, but i hope that helps.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

Word Tracker is awesome... I'm going to use Word tracker more... I think I'm going to trust WT more then ppc search engines.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread