Hi all I have a question.

Normally on a given day I get hits from google,netscape, aol, and yahoo from pages cached by google bot.
    I just added my dell store keywords to Google's adword select program yesterday. Since activating adwords,today at 1230am, I have not gotten any hits from any of my usual googlebot related info. Any ideas??

partners@bigvaluezone.com
    ------------------------------
    Let us show you where the best online deals are!
    --------------------------------
    http://www.bigvaluezone.com

HI
    I have a Google Adwords running just now but I have not had any of the problems that you are talking about.

When I put on the Adwords I was not sure if Google would drop my listings in order to get more people to click thru and then charge me lots of money but this has not happened.

regards John

John Dundas
    http://gph.org.uk
    johndundas@gph.org

Buckworks should be the one to answer this one.

As far as I know, there is be no connection between Google Adwords and Google Index. A few webmasters claim that googlebot has visited their site after they added the domain to the adwords program, but Google has strongly denied any relations.

-- Less is more --

ABW Ambassador
    In my brief trial of adwords I saw absolutely nothing to indicate that Adword placements had any effect whatsoever on rankings in search results.

It did, however, take a *little while* for me to realize what an ass I was, as I had paid to be listed for terms that I ranked well for in the first place.

One more reason not to go more than two or three days without sleep. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    LOl Deelz,
    Lack of sleep will get you everytime. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building.

ABW Ambassador
    Google claims that Adwords and the regular listings are totally separate. My own experience would support this. Googlebot does whatever Googlebot's gonna do whether you've got listings in Adwords or not.

As for advertising on terms that you already rank well for ... been there, done that! That's something to check after each Google dance. It would be worth keeping an eye on your busiest terms, but beware of unproductive micromanaging, though. It could be easy to fritter away a lot of time taking minor terms in and out of your AdWords for the sake of saving a few cents. Consider setting up selected terms in their own group(s), to make it easy to manage them separately from the bulk of your list.

If you're not doing it already, learn how to use negative keywords - for example, blocking out "free" would prevent your ad from appearing in a search for "free widgets". This can save a lot of unproductive clicks. A category of words I've found it worthwhile to block is images: "photo" "photos" "picture" etc. If someone is looking for "widget clipart" they're not likely in a shopping mood. Using negative keywords helps to keep your ad in front of better prospects.

Just getting started on a lazy morning,

Elisabeth Archambault

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread