A very interesting read
    on keywebdata site about this topic.

[removed tracking on link]

[This message was edited by Haiko on October 16, 2003 at 01:02 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    According to the dialog, Elizabeth admits CJ is receiving unequal treatment by Norton, but says Norton did so out of ignorance rather than blocking them intentionally.

Ok, so Norton will now admit their ignorance and reprogram to unblock the largest affiliate ad network from its ad-blocking and firewall software.

Quote: "One solution that looms is that contextual ads, much like AdSense will soon be offered. When I asked Elizabeth Chowalski to expand she said "I can say nothing more than to talk to me in a few months." So, if contextual ads are to be offered by CJ then I can see a quick resolution to qwkserv.net being blocked."

CJ will most likely attempt to emulate Google Adsense in offering contextual ads ...maybe you were pondering the reasons for CJ spybot. It's obviously not just to catch Publisher Service Agreement violations.

Even Google can't produce targeted results, but provide ads that are merely in context with a publisher's content. If a publisher writes a piece about terrorist suitcase bombs, Irv's Luggage may appear as an ad.

In that affiliates hate the idea of ad-blocking software erasing their work, a convenient welcome mat has been set for this new type of automated contextual marketing.

Of course it won't be near as effective in driving sales as the targeted pay-for-performance model, but unfortunately networks by nature will always want to mimic the top dog, Google being that dog's name.

quote:
    CJ will most likely attempt to emulate Google Adsense in offering contextual ads ...maybe you were pondering the reasons for CJ spybot. It's obviously not just to catch Publisher Service Agreement violations.

I will say this for the last time, Network Insight (a.k.a. CJ SPider) has nothing to do with contextual advertisering, search or any other conspiracy story being made up on these boards.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    "Network Insight (a.k.a. CJ SPider)"

Area 51 would have been a good name for it.

Red Alert: Possible violation, publisher 96334543 page 43532 ...word "NDES". False alarm, publisher did not mean "NUDES".

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    conspiracy story

Conspiracy theories at ABW
    Never

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    LOL

Leave us in the dark and we'll become the best ghost story tellin group you ever did see ..or didn't see.

Of course they're speculations and theories in large part Todd. Calling them Conspiracy stories is a bit harsh ...wait a second, it's sorta flattering when you think about it. LOL

Realistically in business, they're called scenarios. Tell us our scenarios are wrong. Calling them conspiracy stories seems like an attempt at insulting our intelligence.

ABW Ambassador

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread