Has anyone used one of those services that claim to give you a ranking in the first page of search engine results? I'm thinking about it and would like to know if anyone else has had luck with it.

Thanks
    Steve

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    It's a scam. Here's what you do...

Pay someone like Markymark (1 Design for Life), a true professional who doesn't use bogus techniques or tricks, and get it done right.

Or...

Learn it all yourself.

There are no shortcuts, as many would make you think. If you want clicks, do PPC, that's about as close to pure traffic you can get, but in my opinion, not as valuable as a long term free listing.

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Your absolutely correct. Every single one of my web site clients who invested in some traffic building site submittal e-mail they received got zilch for the investment. WebPosition Gold seemed to work for a while but no longer and all the others combined never achieve the results of working with a SEO professional like Marky Mark.

If you can't get an Overture keyword listing then all other PPC's search engines will drain your account with BHO parasite feeds on the top producers. The word FREE on the internet should be filtered like the work F**K as both lead to spamm -parasites -spyware and con games. Even in the real world the enticing words Free Sex or Free lunch is a oximoron.

WebMaster Mike

"Vision without Action is a daydream .. Action without vision can be a nightmare"
    Combine the two and you have the makings of a profitable reality!

OK! great replies. You have me convinced. NOW, where do I go to learn this. I looked through amazon but couldn't find any thing that would fit the bill. Any web sites you would recommend?

Thanks
    Steve

Oh you are here, now.

This is the best website for learning the ins and outs of search engines...

recommend a search of ABW for 'SEO'. should keep you busy reading for a ... month.

search engine optimization

Doc

"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
    - W C Fields (Tille and Gus)

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread