http://froogle.google.com/froogle/about.html
    As Google's spidering software crawls the Internet, it automatically identifies webpages that offer products for sale. These are the pages Froogle searches when you enter the name of an item you want to find

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    One of the things Google will not do is succume to diluting the relevence for their product shopping service Froogle with paid placement. Their plan all along was to put some value into every click with concern only for the relevence of the destination. If your site or product isn't worthy of a top Froogle keyword listing you can't buy one.

"Froogle is unlike other sites both because of what it does and because of what it doesn't do. Froogle does provide a lightning quick way to search the largest collection of stores and products on the web. That means if the item you're looking to buy is online, Froogle will likely find it.

Froogle does not sell products or promote partner stores within the search results. There is no shopping cart or wallet into which you can place your credit card information. Nor are there preferred merchants who always show up as the first result regardless of what search you enter. Our job is to find the product you want and point you to the store that sells it. Froogle provides objective results based on our calculation of what's most relevant to your search. We don't accept payment for inclusion in our results themselves, and the advertising that appears to the right of the actual results is clearly labeled as "Sponsored Links."

Only resort is to build a site worthy of a bookmark, add in products and purchase Google Adwords. Merchants will be looking for more side deals to get direct links into their sites who have high google pageranks.

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Froogle points users to sites where they can buy actual products from the merchants that sell them. Therefore, to be eligible to submit a feed, you must sell products via your website and ship them to the buyer.

Translation: No Affiliate Sites!

Theres a lot of catalogcity stuff in there and they're affiliates.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    All those Yahoo stores showing up are clients of catalogCity, who is really a merchant aggregrator like GSI. I'm sure they just charge their merchant pool to upload the datafeed to Froogle.

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    I've gotten a few hits from this, and my site is as loud as a flea market flyer with strictly affiliate product ads.

I'm not a Yahoo store and I did not pay them anything.

Just a few hits though, no stream of traffic. Maybe they are doing thier little crawl thing and selecting tasty tidbits.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Froogle specificly states no affiliate sites. Although there are affiliate listings in there now, it's still beta and I would suspect they are going to get that cleaned up as time goes on. You tell the difference of listings that they have spidered and those from merchants who are already providing datafeeds. It's pretty obvious they are still getting the froogle database built.

What's interesting is that I have number 1 or 2 listings in google for each of the products I sell (non affiliate), but my site is indexed by froogle at all. Guess I have to get my request to send them a datafeed in.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

geez,

check-out googleguy's (the official guy from google.com) comments at webmasterworld:

froogle thread

not very reassuring for small, independent affiliates.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    boo-hoo, ......

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

ABW Ambassador
    Froogle will have no impact on affiliates.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread