Hope someone can answer this question. Should I submit my site to Google every month, since I am listed all over Google now (receiving some hits from Google, Yahoo, Excite and others) will the googlebot still cruise through my site without submitting monthly? Or would it be good to submit my site again on or around the end of the month over and over again month after month.

Thanks All,

Michael [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I've heard that Google likes to find new links and pages on its own. Googlebot usually keeps checking back once he finds you, and he's pretty good about going to check your new pages when they're published. He's normally pretty thorough.

I usually just let him do his thing, my new pages show up fairly quickly.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

So Andy,

Firstly, Thanks for the response. Secondly, Even when I make changes to my site(s) I should NOT keep resubmitting it? I am still trying to optimize my main site for easier searches. I am better listed than in the past and am 'somewhat' happy with the past results on Googles part. On one search I am listed #2 out of 2 million pages but, the searcher has to type in 'shoes for him'. I am getting alot of 'outlet' searches also. I have also noticed that Google does not use 'keywords' or 'meta tags' because when I do searches for these from my site I am nowhere. They seem to go by Page Titles and certain text on sites (at least this is the way it is with my site, do not know about other sites).

Thanks Andy and have a great week.

Michael

No don't keep resubmitting, waste of time, if you are in you are in and it will find the changes next time it comes back. If you update frequently, it's possible they will spider you more frequently, but no guaruntees. Just work on getting more inbound links and creating content for your users.

Hi qball and thanks,

This might be a stupid ???, but what are inbound links? And I am always changing and adding content to my site(s). I will add more and more before next 'googledance'.

Take it easy qball

Michael [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Michael,

In my case, I've found Google comes back to pages that are updated more frequently. I think Googlebot sees that the page is always new, and visits it more frequently. I have one site that is visited daily.

Page titles mean more to Google than a lot of the other search engines. Keep in mind that keyword phrases in titles separated by other words seem to be diminished by Google. I also believe that the first couple of words in the title get higher placement.

Actually, I've found the best thing that works for Google is to just stop trying to optimize your pages, and build a great page that is helpful to visitors.

Best of luck to you,
    Andy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Thanks Andy and qball;

Andy

I read and re-read your post and some things just snapped ideas into my head and am going to change a few title pages along with text on those pages, I think I have some good ideas a-brewin'. I believe you are 100% right on Google using first set of words of titles on pages because this is what seems to have happened to my site listings. I think the next go round will be good for me.

Thanks Much and Good Luck to you too.

Michael [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Affiliate Mike:
    Hi qball and thanks,

This might be a stupid ???, but what are inbound links? And I am always changing and adding content to my site(s). I will add more and more before next 'googledance'.

Take it easy qball

Michael [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Links from other websites, not only can you get more traffic, but it can help you in google, eventually.

Qball and Andy have great advice. Don't resubmit, it is a waste of time and may even cause problems. Googlebot will return to see what you've been up to. The more you update your pages or add to them, the more you may see Googlebot.

Hope this helps - Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

ABW Ambassador
    I had some good results with Google, and then I tried to optimize my pages, and I lost all of the good rankings. I then re-designed my website, and now I am getting lots more number 1's and tons in the top 10 (plus I got all of my previous rankings back)
    The best thing to do with Google is just to design a page that is good for the user, and not try to optimize for the search engines. There is no point having lots of high rankings when all you have is a site that is not user friendly

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread