I've looked for an answer for this in previous posts but am unable to find one.

We experienced a drop in Google/Yahoo traffic in late July/early August. I'm assuming there was a change in the Google algorithm that hit our site during the Google "dance" in late July. But I can't figure out what it was, and I don't find any specific mention of it in this forum. At the time, I attributed the traffic change to the summer slowdown we normally expect. But the slowdown has never picked back up again, and our December traffic was down.

Can anyone help? Note -- we have never had a Yahoo directory listing, and we have never participated in the Google Adwords program.

ABW Ambassador
    There is a change is the algo every month. I don't think there was a major change in July, i know there was one a couple of month ago when Google took care of the 'go to hell' thing. I would try rereading some of the posts at the end of July maybe there is something there or go to webmasterworld under Google News.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

ABW Ambassador
    Strange change I have noticed: my inbound link data in the past (this time last year) disappeared from the Google index, and I lost my traffic from Google almost completely. The same thing happened this year, but I havent lost any traffic(?). I still come up number one in some great search terms/phrases, and in the top ten for several others.

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread