I just checked my sites since the dance and while one domain is showing new pages indexed properly and changes to pages are corrected, another domain has all but disappeared from the index. The only listing remaining is the index page without a title or description. This site was in the index for the first time last month and everything was correct. I have not made any significant changes to the site that should have caused any problems. Any ideas what might have happened?

Tony Felice

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

Based on what you wrote, your site was most likely down when googlebot came to visit.

You'll have to wait a month, or rely on the freshbot.

-- Less is more --

Thanks for the info. Kind of stinks though, server has an excellent uptime. I guess the bot maybe have come by at a time when the server might have been down or something. You would think though since a site was already in the index they would recheck it in a case like this rather than just removing it from the index. Good thing I don't rely on google for all my traffic to that site.

Tony Felice

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Did you change your webhost?

Same thing happened to me, I changed my web host and google was still going to the old IP.

No haven't changed a thing. Never really have any problem with the site going down either, its a reliable hosting company. There were about 15 pages listed in the last index, now just the root with no title or description.

Funny thing is I have another domain on the same host, just a one page site. That got indexed for the first time in this dance, but the same problem with that site. URL is indexed, but no title and description.

Tony Felice

ABW Ambassador
    You say these domains are indexed but have no title or description, right ? So, what are you actually seeing in the results and how are you finding the site. Even if the site was down or whatever, you would see some kind of title/description (taken from Dmoz, most likely).

I might be able to tell you what the problem is if you can answer this.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

markymark - Right now on www2 & www3 this is what appears when I search for site:www.preacherslibrary.com -111111 and also for when I search for the domain name as a keyword search

www.preacherslibrary.com/
    Similar pages

Tony Felice

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread