ABW Ambassador
    Want to venture into pay per clicks. As I understand it, Overture don't accept affiliate sites - or has that changed?

Is Adwords the way to go for affiliate sites?

Is there a good manual/eBook/Resource where I can learn what not to do. Have heard lots of horror stories about Adwords.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I've spent stacks of cash with AdWords and never made a penny back. I guess I didn't research my CRs well enough, but basically it's darned expensive.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

ABW Ambassador
    I do pretty good with AdWords, i would never spend more than 5 cents a click tho. I figure $10 gets me 200 clicks, i should be able to get $10 worth of commission from those 200 clicks, if not, i need to target my ad a little better. For terms where the minimum is high, i find misspellings work great. As far as Froogle, if that ever takes off you can target you ad to show for specific products which will have a high click thru rate if you have a coupon or deal.

Somebody looks for a JVC DVD Player XV F80. Have an ad show for that product saying you have a deal or coupon on that product, you will get the click.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

We do well with AdWords, although some of their pricing is completely arbitrary and over-priced. They do have a minimun CTR, and that can hurt. We had one keyword performing at .09% but converting REALLY well. Didn't matter. Google discontinued the keyword. So you have to play around with it and be prepared to perform or get axed.

---Hershey

"Play like you have never lost. Love like you have never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching."

I am thinking about taking off into the pay-per-click arena.

I already have the keyword researched, and I will not pay more than .05 for a click. Even so, I don't want to break the bank.

I am looking for any additional advice you pay-per-click gurus would care to share.

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

I recommend starting with Google's Adwords. I have found that Google traffic converts better than other PPC search engines. Plus you can have your ad running before a reviewer gets to it, which is nice. Follow the rules and put "Affiliate" in your ad if you are just an affiliate. I suggest custom tailoring your ad for each set of keywords you bid on in order to improve click throughs.

Note that Google is unlike other PPC programs in that the first spot does NOT go to the highest bidder per click. The first spot goes to the person who makes the most for Google per impression. So you can bid lower but show up higher IF you attract more click throughs.

Peter Kirby
    Domain Name Registration Directory

ABW Ambassador
    A little trick that works great for me: In the space where it asks for url to display, use all 32 characters, keep typing until you can't type anymore. This will make you ad take up 1/3 of the page and has resulted in higher click thru rates for me. Of course once you make your ad bigger, you make any ads appearing with yours bigger too, but it works.

Example type in credit cards in Google and see how big the ads are.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

ABW Ambassador
    What's a good CTR & what's the minimum?

Supras | Celicas

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread