I'm reporting all the spammers I find to Google or whoever is spammed.

Here is one on Google.

The search term : discount electronics
    The site : www.aaa-discount-electronics.com

They rank No.1, and are listed in Dmoz.org, Pure spam, it redirects to a CJ electronics site, Pennies on the Dollar.

List them out the ones you know. Number of complaints make a lot of diference.

Go for it

Fresh bot. date stamped the link on the 12th. It may not be there long. Can't see how it got there unless Google picked it up from dmoz.

www.aaa-discount-electronics.com/ - 2k - Jan. 12, 2003

Gene
    TCS

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Expired domain and traffic purchaser in Orlando Fla. Bulk registers themed domain names which have some traffic and then redirects them to his clients sites or other affiliate enabled merchants. Trifinity is his company and they show PenniesonaDollar.com as a client and have 2 more CJ or performics merchants sites. Small player on the SE spamm game.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

You would do a lot better focusing on your own sites.. After all, sites with a page rank 8, which are targeted to perfection, do not often get outdone by spammers..

This is not to say that I agree with the techniques used in the site you refer to, but I just don't believe in reporting these sites.

You have to remember that you can not control the actions of others, only your own. Spammers will always exist in large quantities, so rather than dealing with each one individually, why not build a site that can't be outdone by them.

Posting a link to an affiliate site on an affiliate forum and saying that you're going to turn them in is a lot like insulting the waiter and expecting him to not pass your soup around the kitchen for the chefs to spit in.

I agree with TK
    If you want to succeed in this game you should not be distracted by other people's sites (unless you are analysing the algo), you have to stay focused on your own sites
    I do not agree with reporting spam

BTW: If you care to read the rules you will find you can be banned from this forum for posting another members URL without consent.

I dont know if that site belongs to another member but neither do you.

TCS-

It's been there for a while, a few months, so I don't think it's freshbot.

TK, Spacewear:

My sites have great rankings, can't be better. So, I'm focused enough with my sites.

As far search engine spam reporting goes, I think it will work. It costs me 30 seconds, it cost the spammer a domain name, hosting if applicable, and overall IP ban and may be more. Unlike e-mail spamming, it cost search engine spammers arms and legs.

Most importantly it clears out the way for the legitimate sites. If enough people do these, there will less intrusion of search engine spammers, so it'll be good for Google, users and affiliates. So I believe it's a win-win-win situation.

Warhead,

I was not aware of the ABW rule, so I'll be more carefull.

Ya but once you start, where do you draw the line? Report the big really spammy sites and let google do the rest, you never know but some of your competitors may think your site is spammy, what are you going to do if google agrees. Let those without sin be the first to cast spam reports.

sami, I wonder what google will make of your affiliate linkfarm?

You sound like those affiliate hating wanks over at webmasterworld. I hope you have a taste for piss soup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warhead:
    ****, I wonder what google will make of your affiliate linkfarm?

You sound like those affiliate hating wanks over at webmasterworld. I hope you have a taste for piss soup.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like, I stepped on some toes. Hmmm!

A spammer is a spammer. Whether they're mass e-mailing, or spamming search engiens. They're the smelly garbage of the Internet, should be cleaned. I just think I'm doing my part!

[This message was edited by SamBay on January 14, 2003 at 11:51 PM.]

Listen here sherlock, My name is not daniel, just because you can do a whois lookup doesnt mean that is my site. I consider what you are doing is an attack against all affiliates.

Is that what you want to do? Cause a huge stink over at DMOZ and google until they ban all sites with an affiliate link?

You are a narrow minded fool.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warhead:
    Listen here sherlock, My name is not daniel, just because you can do a whois lookup doesnt mean that is my site. I consider what you are doing is an attack against all affiliates.

Is that what you want to do? Cause a huge stink over at DMOZ and google until they ban all sites with an affiliate link?

You are a narrow minded fool.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyway, I know that's not your site. You're in UK and you use brodband connection from NTL. And you're IP address starts with 80.0.2 ..... and still using Win98!

You've started this, by searching my old posts, then going to my site, and finding my name with a whois search the you've posted my name here. Not good!

You're the fool, not me. Trying defend a spammer, and labeling me an affiliate hater shows that. And it also shows you're one of them!

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Nobody should be posting names, IP's or websites of members.

And let's watch the voracity level people! Not sure where this thread is going.

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

ABW Ambassador
    This degraded quickly. Surprise.

You'd probably be better reporting it to DMOZ, no?

Also, if you report "all se spam" you'll be reporting a lot of members' sites.

Lets stay civilized..

Let's cool it guys

I think spam is in the eye of the beholder. Spam to one may not be spam to another as long as it is relevant. Domains that have many dashes and with lots of keywords, I regard as spammy. Anyway, just my opinion.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My sites have great rankings, can't be better. So, I'm focused enough with my sites.

As far search engine spam reporting goes, I think it will work. It costs me 30 seconds, it cost the spammer a domain name, hosting if applicable, and overall IP ban and may be more. Unlike e-mail spamming, it cost search engine spammers arms and legs.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are doing so well, how come you have such anger and hostility?

I think you are traveling down a very risky road and do not know the consequences for your own sites. I don't know if it is an abestweb member or not. And I do not know if any abestweb members have exchanged links with it. Which site do you own under that search phrase?

What sambay really means is if we all help him stab another affiliate in the back he can get onto page one of the serps for "discount electronics". That plan wouldnt work anyway because he would still have to bump off another two sites just to be the last one listed on p.1 for that phrase.

When sambay says "My sites have great rankings, can't be better" he means that he gets about 200 visitors a day a can't even score for some four-word phrases.

The way I understand things is this, the moment the owner of that site becomes a member of ABW an automatic ban will be incurred on sambay.

When sambay says "My sites have great rankings, can't be better" he means that he gets about 200 visitors a day a can't even score for some four-word phrases.

The way I understand things is this, the moment the owner of that site becomes a member of ABW an automatic ban will be incurred on sambay.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meat(War)Head,

You're more idiotic than I'd previously thought.

You've posted my real name, then you've posted my website, you bloody freaking moron! Then you talk about banning. Go love yourself!

Everyone else,

I don't understand, why everyone is ticked of with my post. MY REPORTING MEANS NOTHING, unless Google agrees with me.

While it's nobody business, I'm more than happy with my rankings. I even beat Bizrate in most cases. I'm a 4-month affiliate, I make more money than 99% of this board!

I've seen great success with reporting any kind of scammers, spammers and I'll continue to do so.

All I can say is... Karma.

Votes on locking this thread?

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've seen great success with reporting any kind of scammers, spammers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah you got third place on page 2 of the serps for "discount electronics" and thats your best keyword, your also looking at a ban. Ha ha ha.

Before this thread is closed I would like to request an addition to the board rules which states that threats from members to have other affiliate sites banned from the SE's will result in withdrawl of ABW membership.

[This message was edited by Warhead on January 15, 2003 at 02:25 PM.]

"I'm a 4-month affiliate, I make more money than 99% of this board!"

You go Sammy - preferably far, far away j/k

I'm locking this thread. Shouldn't have to explain why.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread