After painfully watching about over 400 of my pages with a white bar for the past few days after this google update, today is the first day that I noticed real traffic drop.

Though it has been different, my traffic level appeared to be similar to what I had before.

But today it is a different story.

The following is something I have observed:

1. It seems to be google has been updating my site everyday so far. The number of pages of my site has been changing significantly on the daily basis.

2. There were still visitors to my 'white bar' pages till end of yesterday I believe based on my traffic level. Last night I saw I had many less pages in google. Today it is even worse. I found I lost ~150 pages in google. Out of the pages in google, 1/2 of them are not generating any traffic for me because they are pr 0.

It is the 6th day since the initial update, I don't think google hasn't finished the update.

Anyone has any ideas on what might be going on with google? I'd appreciate any kind of input, hopefull a positive one for me to cheer me up since I'm already feeling numb and not talking to my kids. I'm so afraid that I will keep losing traffic in the future traffic because I don't know what to do to prevent it from happening, and that is the worst part.

Thank you guys so much.

What I have noticed since the update before last that many more pages than usual are being updated daily in the search results (you can tell these sites because the date is next to them). I also notice that these daily updates are digging a single level below the home page. Therefore if a person places new links on daily updated page they are showing up in the searchs results a day later as well. Although they show up in the search results they are not showing up in the databse. A search for the actual page http://pageurl in Google shows no page found, but if I select the keywords associated with the page, the page shows up in the search results. I think this can be causing you to believe that the update is still taking place and will affect search results for all users.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts, fcol.

I have also noticed the similar google behavior.

But today it's showing solidly that I have lost about half of the traffic I used to have. Doesn't matter whether those pages are in google or not, google simply doesn't pay any attention to them under the normal keywords.

I just don't understand why the traffic loss only shows today, not the first few days (at least it wasn't noticeble)

Any ideas would be great.

What was your homepage backlink count before/after the PR drop this update?

Your homepage shows 34, but a search for your sitename (without the .com) shows 726.

Most of the 726 links are linkfarm/linkexchanges that probably got dropped by google as spam this time around.

The reason it took a few days to show a traffic drop is because it takes a while for all of Google's servers to update. The search results you see (and PR/backlinks) are different from what others see depending on the server that sends the results.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread