I am coming across many webpages in top 10 of Googles searches that appear to be only forwards to the merchants, no text except you can catch a fleeting click here for xyz merchant as the url redirects.

In looking at the source code you can only see a javascript. I don't pretend to understand java but it says something about taking the cookies.

There seem to be several dozens of these pages under different dot com names, in this particular instance the same owners name keeps coming up in the who is.

I was wondering how the Googlebot is picking up these pages without any text data on them - there is also no cache to see.

In some cases there are up to 3 of these things on the first pages of some searches - also going back to the same "whois".

It is rather unsettling to see.

Abigail

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You'll probably see more of this as some affiliate opportunists seek to fool the SE's and create blind redirsts to set cookie and land on merchant page. See the posts on "before I signup" under Linksahe/Overstock. Many are trying to create millions of 404 or expired domain listings into cookie setting schemes.

Report all you see to google

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! Where's the love and show me the money?

How is it getting by the spider? The dot com's all look fairly new, at least for this guy.

Do I just send the url's to Google?

Abigail

Javascript is not read by google. That's how such pages can rank high, bypassing google's redirect filter.

But if there is only javascript on the page it shouldn't be at the top. Could you PM med the url?

-- Less is more --

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread