The Google Bot (ip 64.68.82.xx) has been hitting my sites a lot the past few days. The IP looks like the Fresh Bot, but it usually just visits my main page without going any further. Now it’s acting like it’s on a deep crawl since Saturday. Any thoughts? Since February is a short month, do you think Google unleashed the bot on unsuspecting webmasters early?

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

The freshbot has just become more active after the start of the new year. Google is trying to provide fresher results.

In January the index shifted more than usual because of the energized freshbot, which is one reason this update didn't seem to change the index much.

When I checked a few hours ago the update was not finished, though what appears to be the new index now has propagated to several of the servers.

btw, haven't seen the deepbot, but freshbot is hitting my pages today.

-- Less is more --

Are 66.20.114.98 and 66.20.115.128 google bots also? they have been crawling most of the pages on my new site

Thanks Cellophane. I was beginning to think that I had missed out on the crawl. I’m not quite ready yet, but then again I’m never ready. There are always new pages I could put up.

Netsu, I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think that is a Google IP. I did a search for it over at Webmaster World with no success. I looked it up and it belongs to BellSouth. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge could give you a better answer.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread