At September FootSmart there was my best conversions merchant.

in this month no one sale.

7 Day EPC = 0

That happened?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Just got a transaction today, so they're not out of business.

But FootSmart sales are down A LOT this month for me too!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Footsmart experienced a tracking issue on their end this week. All of the missing txns have been recovered by CJ and will be uploaded shortly. They are also planning on sending out an email notifying publishers of the issue.

Good catch

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    It's another miracle showing the effectiveness and technological advancement breakthroughs that are all to frequent with "batched transactions".

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

Footsmart does not do batch tracking. They messed up their pixel tracking. We will be batching the lost txns though.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Todd.....

I stand corrected then. I made my statement because "for the most part" only batch related merchants bother writting out their own cookies in conjuction with tracking. This is the first non batch merchant I've seen that writes their own cookie.

I stand corrected but used this as a basis for my asusmption.

I checked and saw 4 cookie written when I invoked their link:

The standard two cookies commission-junction and qksrv as well as two others - one for footsmart and another specifically for webtrends tracking.

Like I said, this is the first non batch merchant I've seen writing a merchant level cookie that wasn't batch - what's the cookie for if they utilize tracking via your standard tracking files?

I cleared the files and tried again and hmmm, I see a linkshare cookie was created as well.....

lsn_track
    UmFuZG9tSVYz5KUfNPOhcZvPBOYWh6T%2B4BdQPvlV2G0zJtIbmIdNjaiEsG2RBs0ia83B%2Fd7MkLc%3D

subsequent deletes of cookies only show the two cj files being updated. Hang on gonna clear the files reboot so your cj files don't re-appear with the info and I'll check again.

BRB

Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

ABW Ambassador
    OK, I see the Linksnare cookie was written as part of my navigation.

A clean click of footsmart results in 5 cookies - the four previously mentioned as well as one for data.coremetrics.

While my statement reagrding them being batch appears to be incorrect based on your statement - I guess I should also have reservations of the relaibility on "real time tracking" when transactions don't show up and 5 cookies are written on a single click.

I will give you this - the good server / bad server seems to be less of an issue lately "for us anyway" thank goodness.

Hopefully there will be continued enhacements to ensure reliable tracking within CJ..... Oooops

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder how far back this tracking issue actually goes, as we have seen poor to next to zero conversion on them since sometime in September....

What SurveyMan said. For me, reported sales with FS have sucked ALL this month at least--not just for a week!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Look at the 7-day EPC and you can see when it began dropping off.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Reported sales for them through Performics have dropped significantly as well.

Obviously a problem on Footsmart's end.

Found another NON TRACKING merchant!

THE HOME MARKETPLACE is showing the same pattern as FootSmart. Looks like the 10th was the last day their code was active.

EPC had plunged from $8.30 to $0.87!

Leader:

Got an e-mail saying they had redesigned their site and were having intermittent problems. Could explain plunging performance. Hope that is it, because they fit nicely in our home & garden area!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

We are aware of this isuue and working with the advertiser to correct the problem and batch in the missing txns. Similar problem to Footsmart.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    We are aware of this isuue and working with the advertiser to correct the problem and batch in the missing txns. Similar problem to Footsmart.

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. Glad to know you and them are working on it!

quote:
    Got an e-mail saying they had redesigned their site and were having intermittent problems. ~Karl

I must have missed that email...probably because I only signed up with them a little while ago. Google and the other SEs don't even know about the pages yet, so I didn't notice this until I looked at their EPC.

In addition to their tracking problems, couldn't this just be a "post back-to-school" lull in sales before the holiday peak starts???

Perhaps someone with much more experience with shoe merchants would care to comment.

"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Common excuse. Site redesign BS. Changing your shipping cart/ecatalog program, not your sites pages effects tracking. It take 1 minute to cut and paste the CJ tracking code into the final checkout page of any shopping cart.

Of course if you don't have access to the final checkout page or run your store from a 3rd party aggregrator service your in a heap of trouble. Ask CJ's team that took weeks to patch into the Yahoo Store shopping cart last year what happen when Yahoo completely revamped their merchant cart/server last month. Whack goes the CJ ducktape patch. No CJ-BF-LS merchant on Yahoo's secure server has access to that final checkout page to double check the sales tracking code.

PS all you Yahoo store merchants. Just activate the built-in affiliate sales tracking feature and you blow the CJ/BF/LS/Performics/SAS sales tracking to eliminate paying network affiliates including the BHO's. Off couse I'm full of crap having built and operated multiple Yahoo stores since they first opened.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

quote:
    PS all you Yahoo store merchants. Just activate the built-in affiliate sales tracking feature and you blow the CJ/BF/LS/Performics/SAS sales tracking to eliminate paying network affiliates including the BHO's.

Hey, hey!

All us NON-bho network affiliates would have a problem with that!

I was just wondering what the time line is on fixing the FootSmart problem, I haven't seen the email yet from the merchant and I am still not seeing any sales for the volume of hits I am getting.

Abigail

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread