Hi all,

I've only begun in recent months observing the monthly visits by Googlebot in detail, and noted that her visit is getting later by the month, is that normal?

And is it possible for the monthly crawl to get so late one day that it actually misses ONE particular monthly Google database update? And what happens to our listings for that particular month and subsequent months?

Thanks.

VAN.

She started my crawl about an hour ago, and after 2 pages my server went down. 20 minutes later my site was back, and I just now saw googlebot again. I sure hope she comes back again to see the ones that weren't there when she tried and failed!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van:
    Hi all,

I've only begun in recent months observing the monthly visits by Googlebot in detail, and noted that her visit is getting later by the month, is that normal?

And is it possible for the monthly crawl to get so late one day that it actually misses ONE particular monthly Google database update? And what happens to our listings for that particular month and subsequent months?

Thanks.

VAN.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the deep crawls are usually between the 5th and the 10th. But they won't do their monthly update until they are ready. If the crawl is late I'm sure the update will be late too.

From the posts I've read here at ABW I beleive this crawl must occur over a couple weeks span. I was busy coding and didn't really keep up with my stats much, but noticed my site was deep crawled and rankings soared on Jan. 29th. Since then I only noticed a about 40 - 60 pages being visited out of 280 (+or_). I've had record breaking traffic daily since then - over 500% increase! Most of my major keywords moved into the top ten at Google and Yahoo.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Thanks missdonna for sharing.

As for ourselves, the deep crawl has gone from 30th-31st to 1st-10th in oh about 5 months, and as of this month to date, I'm only seeing a couple of hits on just 2 of the sites.

Maybe it's a bit too early to get worried, huh?

VAN.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm only seeing a couple of hits on just 2 of the sites.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I's not unusual for googlebot to only hit the home page of a site one day, then come back the next day to crawl pages link from the homepage, then the next day to crawl pages linked to from those pages, and so on.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread