Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    in case you didn't get it

"Dear Trusty,

By now you've probably heard that Commission Junction is joining forces with ValueClick. This is great news for us, and more importantly for you, our clients. ValueClick brings us expanded capabilities with a wide range of digital marketing solutions through its Mediaplex, AdWare, ValueClick Media, and Be Free divisions. Combined with Commission Junction's expertise in pay-for-performance networks, we will be even better equipped to be your global online marketing solution provider of choice. We will have a greater depth of resources to enhance our own products and services as well as the opportunity to provide the complementary capabilities of Be Free's customized affiliate marketing solutions.

As we move into the fourth quarter, expect the same diligent attention to growing your pay-for-performance program and fanatical customer service that you've come to expect from us. We do not plan any near-term changes to people or product. Both Commission Junction and Be Free are strong brands and will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future. Longer term we will combine best practices in our operations and solutions as we integrate the breadth of product and expertise from all of ValueClick's diverse online marketing products.

The ValueClick acquisition of Commission Junction is expected to close sometime in late November and we will be working hard to plan for a successful integration of our two organizations. In the meantime, I am happy to personally answer any questions you have, so don't hesitate to contact me or anyone on the Commission Junction Leadership Team.

It's been quite a year so far, and if trends continue, 2003 will be record-setting for our industry. I wish you the best for a successful holiday season in your own pay-for-performance program. We will be doing our very best to help you make it happen!"

Per my posting :

Get Back To work?:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=9386037254

FINALLY a call back from VC PR Man.

He is going to ensure the affiliates obtain communications concerning this issue. I invited him to this board, as the deal is not complete he said it would not be in there best interest.

BF and VC have been together since 2002. So that is actually nothing new. (Per the PR man)

He did tell me not to worry keep doing what your doing it will all be fine!

Looks like it worked!

The lesson for the day..

CALL The PR GUY if you want to know anything or need help getting info!

Thanks for posting this, Trust. I haven't received it in my email nor seen any notice on CJ. If I wasn't a regular on ABW, I wouldn't even know anything was going on. I was wondering if anything was ever going to be said to the affiliates and merchants.

quote:
    Linda wrote: If I wasn't a regular on ABW, I wouldn't even know anything was going on. I was wondering if anything was ever going to be said to the affiliates and merchants.
    Now why would they want to say anything to the affiliates and merchants?
    Besides, they probably figured ABW would do a better job of getting word out...

Andy

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Unfortunately for ALL, I bet 90% of CJ merchants and 70% of CJ affiliates don't come to ABW on a regular basis. (My rough estimate and their loss!)

I have talked to many merchants and affiliates who had no idea what was going on. Hopefully by now they have read the email. But many still don't know about the Search press release. Most of us still don't quite understand what it even said.

I still think CJ should put important press release links on the affiliate and merchant interface homepages so everyone will know immediately as soon as these major changes are announced.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

quote:

As we move into the fourth quarter, expect the same diligent attention to growing your pay-for-performance program and fanatical customer service that you've come to expect from us.

"Fanatical" customer service...???

Geez.

These people do violence to the English language.

Since when was anything being fanatical a positive thing?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Looks like they've been hanging around Rackspace a lot...

http://www.rackspace.com/support/overview.php

And yeah, the use of "fanatical" in regards to support struck me as strange when I first saw it (at RS), too! I guess it's going to be the latest buzzword, now...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I'd sue for infringement

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

quote:
    Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    I wish you the best for a successful holiday season in your own pay-for-performance program. We will be doing our very best to help you make it happen!

I believe this email was sent only to merchants for the simple reason that the merchants provide the cash. Once the merchants are notified and made aware, then CJ rolls out the affiliate emails.... I got it on all my merchant accounts and not my affiliate account...

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm, came in my affiliate account.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

Yeah, I got one to my affiliate account, too.

It was sent out to the same list that gets the CJ Wire, which includes publishers and advertisers.

quote:
    I still think CJ should put important press release links on the affiliate and merchant interface homepages so everyone will know immediately as soon as these major changes are announced.
    Recent press releases are on our homepage where everyone goes to log in to their accounts. I guess everyone needs to take an extra second to look them over before logging in.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    I did not get this in my main account, rather the email went to the account which made a whole $1.80 (36 ebay sale) since September 1. Very interesting!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Todd,

I think many of us bookmark and use this page for log-in. It works better and is easier.
    https://members.cj.com/member/foundation/login.jsp

At least this is what I use. I have seen several people recommend using this page because at times the main log-in page didn't work. Therefore some of us never see the homepage.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

quote:
    I think many of us bookmark and use this page for log-in. It works better and is easier.
    https://members.cj.com/member/foundation/login.jsp

At least this is what I use. I have seen several people recommend using this page because at times the main log-in page didn't work. Therefore some of us never see the homepage.

1) The URL above should not work any better or worse than the homepage.
    2) I recommend you log in from our homepage.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    I recommend you log in from our homepage

lol, I'm not about to do the searching to find the post but a CJ rep either yourself or David Elam had suggested the link that Linda posted for easy logins over a year ago.

Make your time

Todd you can login straight to your account using this https://members.cj.com/member/founda...id&pw=password which is what I do. I don't look at the main page, don't have to look at the ebates guy that way.

quote:
    I recommend you log in from our homepage.

Make it so the home page remembers my PW and I'll think about it...

Also the view on the way in needs to be improved. It needs That Guy (you know the one) removed, and a certain Alien's real face put there instead.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Yeah I don't want to see the ugly thief either.

Make your time

You can log in from any of the above URLs, but if you do not read information, like press releases, on our homepage, don't post complaints here that you never saw the information.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Add me to the group that goes here - https://members.cj.com/member/founda...id&pw=password - and to the group that doesn't want to be reminded about the photo on the homepage.

I also still have not received the email yet I get other communications from CJ.

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:
    And yeah, the use of "fanatical" in regards to support struck me as strange when I first saw it (at RS), too! I guess it's going to be the latest buzzword, now...

The whole world is insane.
    The appeal of aff marketing to me is mainly that I can do my own thing, build my own websites, and hopefully make enough to be able to live from it, so I don't have to interact anymore with MORONs prepared to apply the word 'fanatical' to customer service...

there is no escape...

Once the word 'fanatical' has been devalued in this way, what will we use to describe the perpetrators of 9/11?

rant over - sorry, everyone.

Ditto on the mail. Also I don't think I get in on all my merchants' email blasts even though I haven't disallowed any contacts in my Mail Settings. (Which usually wouldn't be a problem but some actually put something *useful* in their newsletters...)

quote:
    Once the word 'fanatical' has been devalued in this way, what will we use to describe the perpetrators of 9/11?

We've still got "extremists"...for now.

*thinks about it* Naw, the marketing people will be on that next.

"Terrorists," then. It'd still be hard to market TERRORISTIC customer service, LOL!

(For the record, I agree with your rant!)

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:
    Ditto on the mail. Also I don't think I get in on all my merchants' email blasts even though I haven't disallowed any contacts in my Mail Settings. (Which usually wouldn't be a problem but some actually put something *useful* in their newsletters...)

I'm the same. I get emails from merchants thru CJ wanting me to sign up on their program but it's rare that I get any newsletter emails from merchants I'm already with. And I have made sure that all my little boxes are checked more times than I care to remember. If the CJ merchant doesn't post their newsletter on ABW, I don't see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast