I came across 'Submit to "Link-O-Matic"' from a web site. It has statement like this:

"This “Link-O-Matic” promotion service, submits your URL to over 450 of the best free for all links directories. Note some FFA pages will send you a confirmation to a valid email address. You may want to set up an email account with one of the free web email services such as Hotmail, and use that address for this purpose."

Since it mentioned 'FFA', and I remember somewhere people have talked about 'FFA' is not good. Honestly I don't even know what FFA is.

So before I hit the 'Submit' button, could someone give me an idea whether I should submit my site to this place?

Thanks a lot

snakebaby

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    For the curious note some of the FFA link URLS and then test them with your Google PR bar. Then research what a PR1 or PRO means if this is to be a traffic source.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Q: >What is Link-O-Matic?

A: Good way to get spam...

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

I wouldn’t bother with submitting to FFA (Free For All) links pages. Which are just pages of links and yours would stay on until someone bumps you off. A first listed first deleted type of thing. No body visits them, and with 100 unrelated links on a page who would. If these sites have any PR to pass along, you would have to be one of the lucky ones listed when the bot came through. On top of all that, the mane purpose of these sites is to collect email addresses from unsuspecting web masters. And spam you they will. Of course every spam you get will have that nice little note telling you that its not really spam, because you agreed to receive massive amounts of email by listing your site. The only other purpose of these pages is to keep the Search Engine “experts” in business by letting them list your site on 450, 1000, 2000, or (insert number here) search engines and directories for $29.99, but if you act within the next 15 minutes, all this can be yours for only $19.95 and we’ll even through in a lifetime’s supply of spam as our gift.

By the way, my Search Engine “Experts” comment was not directed at the SEO professionals who actually know something about web site promotion.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

Thank you all very much for you quck and kind feedback.

I think I know what I should do.

snakebaby

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread