ABW Ambassador
    I just put a new site online today, and I have two one way PR5 links pointing to it.
    Do you think it would get listed by Feb?
    Should I submit it to google?
    Thanks
    Cazzie

ABW Ambassador
    My experience has been to wait at least two months before you see anything significant.

I would submit it, and I'd hope to be included in February but expect to have to wait until March.

But what do I know?

cazzie,

Try to get a link from a "Google fresh" site, you might get in on the next update.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think you'll be in the main database until March. If I'm wrong, please post - but I don't think I will be.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Hi Cazzie, I put up a new site Christmas Eve, it was in google 3 today and traffic has just started arriving from google, yahoo and other engines.

Fun seeing the clicks starting to come through

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

mousejockey , thats due to Freshbot which will disappear after some time...but to enter into the main Google Database it will take atleast one update

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

Gopi, not sure what you mean...
    When you search google for the keywords, the new site shows, I assume this is the main database.

Thomas Edison

Although this is not always the case, I had two new sites published in December that came up in Janaury at Google. However, only the homepage. I anticipate with the next Google update that the rest of the pages will show up.

It's always a big surprise when you put up a site and sales come in two weeks later. My first site took months to make it's first commission.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Forgot to add, google has picked up all the new sites pages

Thomas Edison

Hi,

Freshbot is the Google bot that goes out and grabs new sites. What typically happens is that a new site will show up in the Google directory soon after Freshbot finds it.

Usually the new site will have a higher than expected position (especially when you consider that it's new), and it will appear in Google for a few days...then it will dissappear. (sorry mousejockey)

The good news though is that after dissappearing, it should re-appear during the next Google-Dance, and then it will settle into in Google. The position will probably change from what you saw with Freshbot though. At least I think that is what happens.

Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

Thanks Michael not something to look forward to, can only hope things stay as they are.
    Does this mean the yahoo listings will disappear as well?

Another site I put up around a bit earlier turned up in the last dance, but never appeared in the database and now has disappeared out of this dance...I don't know what google is doing.

Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed

Thomas Edison

[This message was edited by mousejockey on January 27, 2003 at 04:43 PM.]

HI
    Well I have just put a new site on and put two links from my exsisting site to the new site. I put a link in the Table of Contents page (Google always visits this page) and then a link in the Links page.

I have also submitted the site too DMOZ and Google directly as well as using the site submission tools on ABW.

Now, I will just have too site back and wait and see what happens. Experience has shown me that things will not happen over night and that the new site should have a good table of contents for Google too find and put her teeth into.

Anyone else just put a new site on in the past week or two? Would be interesting too see when they gets listed against some others and see if we can learn anything from the outcome that might help in the future (apart from prying!!!!!)

regards
    John

John Dundas
    http://gph.org.uk
    johndundas@gph.org

The new site is still listed Still listed wahoo

Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Usually the new site will have a higher than expected position (especially when you consider that it's new), <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is because Google isn't factoring in link text/link popularity/PR properly at this point, so on-page optimisation makes a big difference.

You can keep freshbot pages in by altering them every couple of days but more importantly altering the pages that link to them (if you have control over these).

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Here's how to tell if a page is in the main database or just the "fresh bot".

Put the entire url (example: http://www.mysite.com/page22.html) in as the keyword to search for in Google. If it is in the main database it will be shown in the results.

I currently have many new pages appearing based on keywords but the page does not show up when entered as a keyword. They are therefore in the fresh bot db only.

I also agree that typically when the page moves to the main database ranking decreases.

The easiest way to get new pages listed in Google (within days) is to have a link to it from a page (main url helps the most) that is being updated by the fresh bot. These are pages with date following them in search results. Of course these new pages will only be part of the fresh bot at first but its better than waiting for the full updates

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You can keep freshbot pages in by altering them every couple of days but more importantly altering the pages that link to them (if you have control over these).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why it is good to get your main page in the fresh bot update list. Then you have full control over adding links to new pages from your main page and the ability to test your SE placement within days, not monthes.

HI
    Well I added a link from my top site to my new site (put it on two seperate pages). The main sites gets crawled each day by google but it seems that google lady does not want too follow the link to my new site. Thats a pity as it would be nice too see the new site in asap.

I may try and put a link in from my main index page, which I did not really want too do, maybe this will help out, but I am glad others are getting some results.

regards John

John Dundas
    http://gph.org.uk
    johndundas@gph.org

I stick a barely visible text link at the bottom of the template page of my well-ranked CMS to sites I want picked up quickly..

Hi
    Well I have put in the links and still no visit yet from the Goolge Lady (if she continues to behave in this way then she aint no lady!!).

My main site is still getting visits each day, its a pity as a really wanted too get a good start to this new site but looks like I will just have too wait till Google looks at its list of submitted links and crawls the site.

Maybe FFoc could put a link in for me? Get me off to a start???

regards John
    new site
    www.vitalcomms.com

Hi
    Well the Google Lady visited the site today. She crawled all the pages of the site, so lets hope it will now get listed and that she will visit on a daily basis.

The idea of putting the table of contents link in the index page certainly helps.

Now working on another site for someone.

regards John

HI
    Well the site is now on google and so far getting a good listing for some nice key words. Will have too work on the pages, incoming links and also descriptions.

I have another site up and running and with any luck the google lady will be on the site in the next few days.

regards John
    www.vitalcomms.com

I'm still there, still there and...
    just had a $4K sale wahoo

Thomas Edison

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread