Hello -

I am in a situation where I have a single domain name hosted (i.e. www.domain1.com) on Site Build It's server - along with this domain name I get the use of all these sort of tools like it's own little word tracker and such (perhaps I was dumb to buy into this site build it package, but I did, no I just need to move on and not think about the money I may have wasted, I'll make the best of it).

Well, I have a site concept that I'd like to buy some niche domains for, and create some niche content related to those domain names (i.e. www.domainniche1.com, www.domainniche2.com) - BUT the catch with Site Build it is that for the $300/year I spent on it, I can only use the tools for the first domain name, and it won't host any additional domain names that I register.

SO, my question is : is there a way to buy www.domainniche1.com and point it to www.domain1.com/niche1 (hosted by site build it - so basically I am just creating a directory that has the index.html of the niche site on it)? If it is possible, how would I do it, and would the SE's care? Would it hurt me in the rankings to have some sort of web forwarding from one domain to another domain's directory?

Hopefully this makes sense, I'm just starting off and want to do this right.

Thanks,

Dan

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    I think you could just auto redirect those urls to your site buildt it directory.

The problem is, without having actual content on those domains, they are useless to the search engines, so you're not gaining anything on that end.

I suggest losing site build it. If you are serious about doing this for a living, you need to find a good and simple hosting solution that allows you to make sites, emails, etc... all on the fly and for a reasonably priced cost.

I use thmedia and I couldn't be happier. The day I signed on with them I had the flexibility to build more and more sites, with tracking, etc.

Thanks alot...

I have been considering THMedia, but I'm not sure - I look at the hosting packages and it shows it will only host 1 main domain and 5 sub domains - does this mean I can only have 1 domain name hosted there? I just need to find a place where I can register a bunch of domain names, and each one have their own website.

Is there a package that THMedia offers that can do this? I looked through the packages, and they specify that only one main domain name can be hosted.

I think I've got a bit of a learning curve on this one...

Thanks,

Dan

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Tom? Take over!

Dan, Tom will hook you up. I'm sure there are more options, but I'm very happy with THmedia once I got settled in.

Do a search here for reseller hosting/accounts. You could put 500 domains in such an account if you want to. There are several great hosts out there offering such accounts from $20-$30/month.

I haven't used TH Media myself so I cannot comment on their service, but I have heard nothing but great things about them. I do think they are a bit expensive though.

-- Less is more --

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread