Does the category make a difference. For instance, our store sells journals, stationery, photo albums, etc. and we are listed in office supplies. This doesn't seem to make sense but it is what it is. I would rather be in the stationery category or gifts category since most our business is gift business.
    My question is does it really matter? I'm well ranked on other search engines with key terms that matter to me such as "leather journal" and "unique corporate gifts" but am always striving to do better.
    Should I try to change my category?
    David
    K. Schweizer, Inc.

In your case your site has a good Google PageRank of 7, so you might gain a little PageRank by swapping categories, but not much.

A listing in Shopping/Gifts/Stationery/ would be ideal because that too has a PR7, but very few outbound links so that will enhance your PageRank. However, if the editor decides to put you in Shopping/Gifts/Personalized/Stationery/ you'd actually get slightly less of a PageRank contribution because of the higher number of outbounds.

You're probably missing out on all the Google Directory traffic though, so my vote would be to request a move, or better still submit a new entry to a different cat and you might end up with two listings.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to apply to both and see what happens. I've seen companies listed twice but wasn't sure if it was appropriate to apply again if I was already listed. I'll give it a shot.
    Thanks,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    In your case your site has a good Google PageRank of 7, so you might gain a little PageRank by swapping categories, but not much.

A listing in Shopping/Gifts/Stationery/ would be ideal because that too has a PR7, but very few outbound links so that will enhance your PageRank. However, if the editor decides to put you in Shopping/Gifts/Personalized/Stationery/ you'd actually get slightly less of a PageRank contribution because of the higher number of outbounds.

You're probably missing out on all the Google Directory traffic though, so my vote would be to request a move, or better still submit a new entry to a different cat and you might end up with two listings.

________
    _Please leave my port 137 alone._<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David Giacomini
    K. Schweizer, Inc.
    Inspiring the writer within.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread