Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Is Inktomi a must to pay and submit to these days with there possible partnership with Yahoo?

    How much traffic can you expect to get from them?

    Also, can someone explain how there partnership with Yahoo? Will this partnership effect Google's results in Yahoo. Will they even be there anymore? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    346
    My understanding is that nobody yet knows what Yahoo is going to do with Inktomi. There are lots of theories, but nothing definite yet. Remember, Yahoo also owns a chunk of Google, so the issue isn't as simple as it appears.

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,658
    Inktomi is a must anyway. The quality of MSN traffic far surpasses that of Yahoo and AOL. If 10% of your traffic is MSN, and the other 90% is Yahoo and AOL, chance are the MSN traffic will generate just as much revenue as the others.

    All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    If or when yahoo switches to Ink the good thing is the listings you paid to get in, get refreshed every 48 hrs. so you can make changes and see how that affects you rankings. I paid for a couple and the rest were found.

    Shake your booty

  5. #5
    Full Member drumminlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    437
    I personally don't consider inktomi a must. Google provides much more traffic than inktomi. I have heard it works for some people. But I have given up on Inktomi. It is a waste of money to me after many hours of optimization and little results and traffic.

    Logan Thompson
    The Best Christian Affiliate Programs

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,797
    I would say Inktomi is a must, yes. My own approach to optimisation is pretty much to optimise for Inktomi and then use the external factors (link text, link pop, PageRank) that Google loves so much to get rankings in Google.

    I think there is little doubt that Yahoo will use Inktomi for their search results and at that point, it will be a major player again. At the moment, it still powers MSN and is backfill at Overture and Espotting, so there is plenty of traffic to be had via Ink.

    Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

  7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Inktomi
    By joebaracco in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 19th, 2003, 12:46 PM
  2. What's up with Inktomi?
    By jimbo2002 in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 11th, 2003, 11:48 AM
  3. What about Inktomi now?
    By SpongeBob in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 24th, 2002, 05:41 PM
  4. inktomi help
    By java in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 9th, 2001, 01:46 PM
  5. inktomi
    By cazzie in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 31st, 2001, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •