I've started to protect my links using ClickbankGurard.

This lets me show my link that it's like on my site and not some long ugly affiliate link.

To do this I must put a brief page on my site.

I've checked my daily cj stats and I'm showing no clicks to to cj affiliate site(s) even though there has been.

I'm wondering by doing this, I end up protecting my links but get ripped off from no sales.

Here is what I am doing:

I create a link at cj:

Golf

(the x's are put in place of the original link numbers for this example only - they are not touched really.)

I then take only the link:

http://www.qksrv.net/click-xxx-xxxxxxxx

feed it through the guard which produces the page to put on my site. On this page I put in the titles, description and keywords.

I name the page say golf-link.html and set up the link to go to golf-link.html on my site.

It does and the Golf page shows up fine.

Now why wouldn't my click be recorded at cj?
    Or will it only show up if a sale is recorded?
    I can't wait and hope it does - will it?

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Check to see if cookies are being set. If at any time I feel a need to test a link, I start with an empty cookie folder and observe for a commission junction or qksrv cookies appearing in the folder after clicking the link being tested.

No cookie, no chance for a reported sale.

Thanks kelly626 - Bingo - got two cookies.
    I don't know why I didn't think about checking that.

Cheers.

Cotton,

Since that would be a redirect, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that you have &afsrc=1 appended to the link or your links can, and most likely will, be overwritten.

All,

If you do not append the &afsrc=1 to redirected links it would not be considered a violation of the CoC

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Very interesting Hailco.

So I understand correctly as I do want to follow the rules.

I would put

http://www.qksrv.net/click-xxx-xxxxxxxx?&afsrc=1 to be feed through the guard

Or

on my clink to golf.html?&afsrc=1

On the coc page it shows the example with this:
    offerid=12345

Where would I find this offerid at cj?

Thanks.

Straight links (qksrv) do not need the code only redirected ones like golf.html or product specific landing pages.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Ok, so I just put it as golf.html?&afsrc=1

offerid=12345 can or can not be put on - it's more or less just a tracking code for myself?

What does the &afsrc=1 really do? I'm foggy on this other then say it's going to be a redirect.

Thanks

it is supposed to stop the parasites from altering your AFID or from redirecting the click to their own site thus replacing your cookie with their own thus stealing your comission

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....STAMP EM OUT!!!
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

Wow. Very interesting.

Thanks.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I've never really been able to come to grips with this &afsrc=1 thing.

Let me get this straight - I don't append the &afsrc=1 to the qksrv.net URL that my redirector sends, I have to append it to the ORIGINAL URL that appears in the HTML on the web page?

So example.com/blah.html?afsrc=1 is needed on the page?

Does this affect any search engines that may ignore the link due to thinking it's suddenly turned into a dynamic rather than static link?

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

ABW Ambassador
    Doesn't seem fair to affiliates.

Our links should be protected regardless of whether we put in the &afsrc=1
    The networks should take care of that and not expect us to put that to every link

So what happens to the bulk of the affiliates who do not frequent boards and do not know about the code?

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

ABW Ambassador
    It's probably not smart to guard links for merchants that are not IE 6 compliant.

In general most merchants that are batch related on CJ will write out their own cookie as well as the commision-junctions and qksrv cookies when clicked on.

The commission-junction and qksrv cookies are usually the only cookies set for merchants that don't have bacth processing. The basic cj files are IE6 compliant but many batch merchants are not. Be carefull you don't step on your own toes!

To test this, you clean your cookies, click on a guarded link and see what cookies are written. You'll see qksrv and commission junction cookies were updated but do you see a merchant level cookie? If you do, it's an indication they are ie 6 compliant.

If you don't see a merchant level cookie after the above test, click on an ungarded link and then reinspect the cookies. If you see a merchant cookie show up only after clicking on the ungarded link the merchants cookies is not ie 6 compliant.

If you don't see a merchant cookie after either test, you can assume its a fairly certain the merchant is not bacth and they are safe to gaurd it.

If you know a merchant is batch related and you dont see a merchant level cookie set or you don't see any cookies set at all..... come running back in here and scream and yell that their cookies aren't being set "like in the case with collectible todays in house links" and someone else will take a look at the issue as well .

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread