Google found my new site way before it was ready and apparently gave it a PR0. Does that mean I have been banned or something? Or, will they look again and adjust?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I had a pr0 site last update, the site was indexed by google but had no backlinks.

I linked the site from my other sites, now the site is a PR5, so it is possible that it is not a penalty but google just crawled it, indexed it, but could not find any back links. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, found this. That must be it. (relieved}

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on February 10, 2003 at 03:29 AM.]

Hi SSanf,
    I wouldn't be so sure. I had a website with one single page with words "Coming soon" for about 5 month and it had PR0 all that time. In the begining of January I build website and after last update it came PR4, so I don't think empty PR bar means it is defenitely banned.

Mila

Well, the google cashed page shows my old "coming soon" page. I just completed the site and put up links from my other sites last week. What do you think? Too soon to tell?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    I think more than "Google assigned it PR0" its that "Google has not assigned it PR yet"

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

OK, thanks. I have my fingers crossed.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Ssanf,

You can be assigned a PR0 if your site is indexed by google but does not have any links pointing to it from other sites.

when google finds the links comming to it in the next update, you can expect a better PR for your website.

Regards,
    Tathagata

---
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." ~ The Tathagata

I own a 2:1 banner exchange. I used some of the inventory that belongs to me to put banners to varius pages on this site. If my banner comes up in rotation when google visits a site, will google see that as a link to my site?

I don't think so, because the banner will link to another url within the banner exchange - probably http://yourbannerexchange.com/folder....cgi?something

Try giving text from your PR6 pages to the PR0 site, it will definately help in the next update.

---
    "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." ~ The Tathagata

If this is a new site . It will have a pr0 if you submit the site without any link to google using their submit page, or it maybe just some pr1 site linking to you. If it is a new site , there is nothing to worry about. just add more links and the pr0 will increase.

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

Yup, had a couple of my new sites PR0 too before I launched them. Should be OK after the next GoogleDance if you have some inbound links.

YOURsoft - worlds 1st dealware scripts!
    NEW - Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

I think it's not only about the outside links pointing to you, but some internal linking as well.

I have couple of websites that don't have any links pointing to them (according to Google last update), however they have PR3 (not something to be proud of, but better than 0.

On another site I have only 2 pages (not linking to each other by the way), no links pointing to the site and it has PR3, so Google ranking staff is still a mistery to me

but I am sure SSanf that in your case after the next Google update you'll see some decent PR

Mila

Well, it has 132 (I just counted) pages linked together internally and a link from one PR6 page and one PR5 page, now. Do you think that will do it? I really put a lot of work into this and am hoping for the best. Thanks for the assurances.

well.. Google might be hard to predict, but I think if there are no other negative factors you should see good PR after next update.

Good luck

If I'm not completely mistaken, Pagerank is computed only once a month. To find the correct PR they need to do the calculation by using every link on the web, and they have to run through it around 100 times (iterations), before PR settles down to correct values. So it's not something they do on the fly.

You should have PR the update after you were deepcrawled. I put up a new site a week ago, it's in the index, and it's pr0 too.

-- Less is more --

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Well, it has 132 (I just counted) pages linked together internally and a link from one PR6 page and one PR5 page, now. Do you think that will do it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's more than enough.

---

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> no links pointing to the site and it has PR3 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mila,

It isn't possible to have a PR3 and no links pointing to your site. There are links to your site - it just that the Google backlinks query will not show results for sites less than PR4.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

oh.. I see..
    thanks markymark.. I didn't know that..

actually it makes sence.I look at one of my sites which has PR3 and not showing any back links, when I know for sure that there has been few quality links poiting to it from few PR5 sites for 3 months now. So that's probably it - Google just doesn't show them..

thanks
    Mila

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Well, it has 132 (I just counted) pages linked together internally and a link from one PR6 page and one PR5 page, now. Do you think that will do it? I really put a lot of work into this and am hoping for the best. Thanks for the assurances.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will end up with a PR:4 or 5, probably a 4 depending on the number of links on the two outside linking pages. If they have loads of outbound links, you might end up with a 3.

BTW, Google does not normaly see banner links because client side JAVASCRIPT almost always loads the banners. Since google does not execute the client side javascript, it never sees the banners. Same holds for JS menus.

Uh it was a white bar with PR0.....now it is back to a gray bar??????

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread