OK, after looking at the Compusa thread, I thought I would share:

Natural Golf 7,283 clicks NO SALES

PlayCentric 1,803 clicks EPC $.08
    CompUSA 68,886 clicks EPC $.22

Pacific Sunwear 15,455 clicks EPC $.44
    Software Oasis 16,331 EPC $1.03
    TotalOfficeSupply.Com 27,129 EPC $.69
    WebClothes.com 2,815 EPC 0.00

There are others, but these are all the biggest ones.

Commission Junction? It would take me all day to report my non converters here, LOL!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I got my T-Shirt! Imagination that!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You can add this one to the list:
    NetQuote

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Witness:
    OK, after looking at the Compusa thread, I thought I would share:

Natural Golf 7,283 clicks NO SALES

PlayCentric 1,803 clicks EPC $.08
    CompUSA 68,886 clicks EPC $.22

Pacific Sunwear 15,455 clicks EPC $.44
    Software Oasis 16,331 EPC $1.03
    TotalOfficeSupply.Com 27,129 EPC $.69
    WebClothes.com 2,815 EPC 0.00

There are others, but these are all the biggest ones.

Why promote them then? Send that traffic elsewhere

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Witness, thanks for sharing your non converting merchants. We appreciate that.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Amazing that my Cybermall creates better EPC for every CJ merchant YTD who actually tracks sales. Some like Akivas SportsfanFare are a mystery but the ones who I bash due to high traffic pages eventually listen up and fix their broken cart reporting interfaces.

This OUTING of non-reporting merchants is very necessary as those who get away with it not only deserve the flack, but will not address the issue til openly challenged.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I also think it helps to strike up a dialog with the merchant (if, of course, they're willing to talk).

We've had a few high-click non-converting publishers and we've worked together to strengthen their offering and the conversion begins.

Others have no interest. And it's hard to push, because it is - after all - their site.

We're here to help, but it's not like we're going to tell people how to run their own business...

Paul

Rugman.com - Merchant Through CJ

Direct Link

This year:

Gadget Universe - 2,249 clicks - $0.00 sales
    Etronics - 1,791 clicks - $0.00 sales
    Brandsmall - 996 clicks - $0.00 sales

Spot a pattern with these merchants? Electronics merchants just do not convert well at all.

Last year:

The Mobile Republic.com - 5,720 clicks - $0.00 sales
    Gadget Universe - 1,389 clicks - $0.00

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Not to mention any names, but some of these non-converters are merchants who post here and profess to be against parasite's

Where Do You Want To Be Tomorrow?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    This year:

Spot a pattern with these merchants? Electronics merchants just do not convert well at all.

Last year:

________
    "_All your commission are belong to us._" - http://www.slimeware.com/

I personally, as a surfer, would browse at least a dozen electronics merchants before I purchased anything. It is a tough type of business to be in.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Gadget Universe 'Share the Riches'
    $33.58
    sales: 4
    clicks: 5,403
    EPC: $0.62

Considering that is highly targetted traffic, not exactly a good converter

How they have managed to maintain between $3-$10 Network EPC this year I am not quite sure.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Electronics merchants just do not convert well at all.

Mooster, I'd like to invite you to give me a shot, Superstore-Electronics will change your mind. I will report and pay on all sales.

Are you up for the challenge?
    You know how to reach me...

Let me send you a check...

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    This year:

Last year:

________
    "_All your commission are belong to us._" - http://www.slimeware.com/
    Do not convert, huh?

I bought an item last month from a BeFree electronic merchant and the transaction didn't even register in my account.

What's wrong with these electronic stores?

SOMETHING SMELLS WRONG!!!!

I sent cj an email about compusa (it was ridiculous their conversion was so low). I got a generic, "epc is just an estimate, blah,blah,blah reply. "

What has happened today? I have changed NOTHING. However, I have gotten 7 sales so far today. This is after getting 5 sales over 2 months.

So, I guess CJ turned on the switch. If somthing was broken, they fixed it. If somebody was stealing, they stopped. I really want to get to the bottom of this because it does not smell right at all.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Could also be that compusa saw your thread and decided to turn The Switch back on...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

quote:
    SOMETHING SMELLS WRONG!!!!

I sent cj an email about compusa (it was ridiculous their conversion was so low). I got a generic, "epc is just an estimate, blah,blah,blah reply. "

What has happened today? I have changed NOTHING. However, I have gotten 7 sales so far today. This is after getting 5 sales over 2 months.

So, I guess CJ turned on the switch. If somthing was broken, they fixed it. If somebody was stealing, they stopped. I really want to get to the bottom of this because it does not smell right at all.

7 sales from Compusa?

Todd, this is very suspicious, would you care to look into it. Thanks in advance.

ABW Ambassador
    Looking at the epc figures for merchants will tell you pretty much who the dogs are. There are exceptions "the merchant is relatively new" and hasn't got a good affiliate base but EPC does provide a good indication of the dogs.

EPC can be manipulated to the upside but not to many people are manipulating it to the downside.

Also, be carefull and don't consider that just because a merchant has a high epc that they will convert well for you. Many of the high epc merchants are either very focusly promoted and or have a bunch of parasitic relationships. Also, from previous conversations on the board it seems clear that tactics can be used to manipulate epc figures to the upside by a merchant as well.

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    OUTING merchants who have their shopping cart reporting feature turned off would be a full time job. All the networks have to do is become honest and forget protecting the damn thieves paying their monthly fees. Automatically generate a networkwide conversion stat (ave. clicks to get 1 sale) updated weekly. The smoke and mirror BS dictates the networks spin this stat as something that would violate their merchant privacy.

Publish this and see if any merchant could possibly defend in court this whistle blowing stat. It would put trust back in the networks as a 911 and fire alarm service.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Here is something for you to ponder. If a visitor clicks on your link, but you have mistakenly put an extra digit in your ID, who gets your commission?...

CJ

It is in CJ's best interest to make sure commissions are tracked; yes they say that all the time. However, it is not necessarily our commissions that they care about, but the overall commissions received from the merchant. It is in CJ's best interest, especially if they wanted to look profitable before a merger, to fudge things.

i would not even contemplate something like this if our trusted 3rd party was really trusted. Check some of my threads from way back when concerning HELLO DIRECT. It was the same sort of thing. I sent targetted traffic, a lot of it, cj reported a high network EPC, I had virtually nothing.

All I can say is thank God for Google Adsense. If anybody thinks CJ sold for too low a price, take look at the industry trends. This trusted 3rd party network thing is going to be obsolete.

In regards to CompUSA, I made a mistake. I had more sales than I realized this month. So, perhaps there has not been much of a change today as compared to before I complained to CJ. I think I just might have been lucky today (had a big sale). My EPC for the month is up to 50 cents.

So, I think I have just cried wolf. Likely nothing sinister is going on. CompUSA just sux.

[This message was edited by Witness on October 17, 2003 at 11:35 PM.]

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:
    Could also be that compusa saw your thread and decided to turn The Switch back on...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I sincerely doubt it.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...8776041824&p=3

quote:
    Here is something for you to ponder. If a visitor clicks on your link, but you have mistakenly put an extra digit in your ID, who gets your commission?...

CJ

It is in CJ's best interest to make sure commissions are tracked; yes they say that all the time. However, it is not necessarily our commissions that they care about, but the overall commissions received from the merchant.

In the merchant interface, each sale is listed individually and includes several pieces of information including: Date, time, invoice number, sale amount, commission $, publishers web site, publishers company and link used to generate the sale.

In the 3+ years we have had our program at CJ, I have never seen a sale that was not tied directly to a publisher in our interface.

Witness - if you think CJ is not crediting you with all the sales that the merchant thinks are yours, ask the merchant to provide the details of all the transactions they show that are yours. You can then cross reference them against what CJ shows are yours and see if there are any discrepancies.

I'd be happy to provide this type of report to any of our affiliates if they desire it. Just send me a pm with your pid and and the date range you want to check.

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com
    It's not just underwear, it's fun to wear!

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    In the 3+ years we have had our program at CJ, I have never seen a sale that was not tied directly to a publisher in our interface.

The real question is to whether they get tied to the right publisher. Certain merchants that have left CJ have stated that sales were being credited to the wrong affiliate accounts.

Apart from the possibility that this could be an act of intentional fraud, there have been those times when software mishaps were admitted to by CJ. Such mishaps can credit your sale to the wrong affiliate.

quote:
    Andy: Mooster, I'd like to invite you to give me a shot, Superstore-Electronics will change your mind. I will report and pay on all sales.

Andy I'm waaaay ahead of you.. I signed up pretty much straight away when you announced it!

quote:
    cjshoppingnetwork: I personally, as a surfer, would browse at least a dozen electronics merchants before I purchased anything. It is a tough type of business to be in.

Yeah true enough I guess, but I'm very suspicious of some of these transactions. A CR of less than 0.1% is very dodgy looking in my book. You should be able to scrape a sale for every thousand clickthroughs at least.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread