ABW Ambassador
    It's sad Overture is getting their hands on them. I always thought AllTheWeb and Google as having the best search and AllTheWeb always got my pages before Google. I just noticed they picked up 700 new pages i've been working on this month. Too bad no one uses them.

Shake your booty

ABW Ambassador
    It's kind of funny. Some people are worried abut a page or two here and there with hidden text, while there are people out there cranking out 700 pages in under a month.

In my opinion Google should forget the hidden text and work on figuring out how to fight the spam generated by the new breed of data feed affiliates

(and that's just a general comment - I am not suggesting anybody in particular's site is spammy).

ABW Ambassador
    Jimbo, those aren't datafeed pages, those are all pages i made myself, i don't even know how to use datafeeds. Those 700 pages i have actually been working on for a few months, i just added them all to my site map this month.

Shake your booty

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1™:
    Jimbo, those aren't datafeed pages, those are all pages i made myself, i don't even know how to use datafeeds. Those 700 pages i have actually been working on for a few months, i just added them all to my site map this month.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust...

Next time you do this, link the pages somehow and get them online ASAP. My point is to not wait for the final product to get indexed. Especially with Google! Eight weeks is a long time to wait for fresh content...

Doc

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." -- Phillies Manager, Danny Ozark

ABW Ambassador
    I usually do it that way on my main site, anytime i add a new page i add it to my site map. This was another site i was working on where i wanted all the pages to come online at once, that's why i did it that way. I'm just waiting for Google to which should be soon.

Shake your booty

jimbo2002

If you think 700 pages in a month is a lot, I must smile in your general direction.

I suspect, though, that trustno1's 700 pages are going to do a lot better than somebody's 10,000 page datafeed-generated site. Hand-coding is definitely better than pumping out pages that everybody else has!

Those datafeed sites will be a dead animal very soon if people don't add the human touch. They aren't a get-rich-quick solution.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you think 700 pages in a month is a lot, I must smile in your general direction. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did about 50 this month, which I thought was a big deal. But apparently I am still losing ground. Faster than ever in fact.

ABW Ambassador
    I wish that both google and atw would pick up my gigantic content site.

Neither will venture past the first 32 pages. I'm stuck at page three of google's SERPS for my main key phrase and the site's had a presence in the index for 3 months.

I am surprised by the number of people that use datafeeds that causes the sites to all be the same. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to create a script to feed off your won database of products to produce a site with any look and feel you want. But maybe that is too much work for some

ABW Ambassador
    weisinator, i don't know how you have your site set up but the best way is always to have your site set up so a user can reach any page on your site from your front page in 2 clicks.
    I haven't had any problems with any pages being picked up this way. I have a huge shopping site and have a site map on my front page and then i have Merchant A-F, MerchantG-L, Merchant M-S, Merchant T-Z on the front page. This has always worked great for me.

Shake your booty

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Jimbo and Heyder have a valid point.

"In my opinion Google should forget the hidden text and work on figuring out how to fight the spam generated by the new breed of data feed affiliates."

If you can't or don't have the budget to make a datafeed site that resembles Overstock or TigerDirect (both datafeed e-catalogs) then you are just seeking a new way to spamm the SE's. I look at budgeted datafeed merchant e-catalogs and cringe from a shoppers viewpoint ....almost worthless. This type sales tool is an Excel/MS Access descriptive price list with very little there to make an online purchase decision.

Wouldn't it make more sense to negotiate with a distributor/fullfillment house, like thousands of MERCHANTS do, to import their product database into an actual shopping cart program and sell the items at twice the commission rate of an affiliate? Every tom, dick and harriet with a gift catalog that asks the distributor if they have the products and images in a database file or CD format can set up a ecommerce sales site and process a slew of OOS orders .....LOL

A datafeed cranking out 10,000 autogenerated pages without a huge investment in HTML, descriptive copy and product imagery is nothing but a SE spamm tool. That is why so many ABWers are requesting it without a thought to their own enduser shopping experience or role in the game. Quick Google listing with 5000 datafeed copycats competing with the actual merchant is what I envision. Then the BHO's will also have popups to show comparision pricing shopping products with an "incent" to trash this get rich scheme.

My bet is Google with PRO all these listing pages as their Froogle product SE is designed to eliminate all but the actual fullfillment merchant.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My bet is Google with PRO all these listing pages as their Froogle product SE is designed to eliminate all but the actual fullfillment merchant.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One problem is that Google might lump the regular affiliates with the datafeed behemoths and PR0 them all.

I don't like the way this is going, but if I have to do a datafeed site and make a quick before it all comes down, then I might just do that.

Right now Google loves and rewards huge datafeed sites with no value to the end user.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1™:
    weisinator, i don't know how you have your site set up but the best way is always to have your site set up so a user can reach any page on your site from your front page in 2 clicks.
    I haven't had any problems with any pages being picked up this way. I have a huge shopping site and have a site map on my front page and then i have Merchant A-F, MerchantG-L, Merchant M-S, Merchant T-Z on the front page. This has always worked great for me.

Shake your booty <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, I have some thinking to do, now.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread