I've noticed a search engine called Mamma (http://www.mamma.com) on a few web sites lately and took a look at it.

They claim they're a meta search engine but it appears to be a PPC. I'm wondering where they get their results from and if they're any good.

Anyone use them or know more about them? Page Rank is quite good.

David Nguyen
    Nexus Imports, LLC
    http://www.nexusimports.com/affiliates/index.shtml

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I haven't looked at them in ages but here's what I remember (so this info may be a bit out of date):

It is a meta engine. It includes results from various PPCs. Last time I looked, it also included some free results.

It used to get some decent traffic, but that's dropped off drastically over the last couple of years, at least for the free listings. By the time I had quit bidding on keywords a little over a year ago, they didn't send much traffic to the paid listings either.

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

ABW Ambassador
    same here
    Had not used them for over a year.

Did a test last month on mamma & epilot. epilot did fair and mamma did ZERO sales with 10 times the traffic of epilot.

If you wish to know more - you can't. "For security reasons the only ones allowed to see the profiles are affiliate managers."

Just wondering if they were growing or making a comeback.... doesn't seem like it so far.

Oh well, it's not like there's a shortage of search engines. (always wanted to use that one!)

David Nguyen
    Nexus Imports, LLC
    http://www.nexusimports.com/affiliates/index.shtml

BAck when Mamma actually was a meta search engine, I loved it. I used it a lot back in about 2000. Then they switched to being a meta of ppcs and the results weren't very useful for me. Also, as a ppc participant, I always wondered *which* account got debited for a click?????

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread