ABW Ambassador
    Anyone recommend the best PPC advertising medium for affiliate sites/pages? Is there a good guide to Adwords (besdies the Google site itself)?

Anyone finding adwords valuable?

Any info appreciated.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Hey Perfect G,

I asked a similar question about a guide to AdWords recently... check this post.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

I tried PPCs for about 6 months when I first tried to promote my site using Overture, FindWhat and Kanoodle, and found that the ROI was too low.

As much as I don't buy into PPCs, I gave Google Adwords a shot after the new year. Setup was only $5, however, the per click rate was as high as about 50 cents. I pulled the plug as soon as I spent $20, and made a total loss of $20. Perhaps, if I waited a little longer, and spent a little more, I could have made that money back and be able to put a few bucks in my pocket. But no, I found that it's not at all cost effective, and breaking even is not good enough for me.

I heard some good words about Google Adwords, but I have no clue how others can make a good success with it.

Let's do some maths. Say, you make a sale every 100 clicks, $0.5 x 100 = $50. Do you usually make $50 of commission from a single sale? And how often? If your answer to the first question is "yes", and the answer to the second question is "always", then go for it.

In most cases, it takes more hits to generate a sale for high ticket items. It may take less hits to generate a sale for low ticket items, but then the commission usually doesn't cover the cost.

If you're like me, I gotta try it otherwise I can't sleep. Then set your stop-loss, and play safe.

Personally, Id rather optimize the pages for better ranking in search engines.

ABW Ambassador
    Paying ppc has been a risky proposition for a while. Unless you've got a low budget keyword (most are outragous) and or a high profit item with a company who has a good parasite policy then the risks can be downgraded otherwise.... Paying money to drive people to your site where your sales will be likely be ripped off by parasites is not usually a profitable situation.

Beware of paying ppc for companies who batch their transactions as well unless you have a great history with them. In my opinion most of the companies with batched transaction processing are playing bait and switch games themselves in addition to what you lose with parasites.

I've cut back on my ppc a while back and will likely be cutting more! Keep building optimized pages and keep those extra dollars in your pocket!

ABW Ambassador
    I do great with Google Adwords, there are still some great keywords you can get for 5 cents. Also using misspellings is a great way. I never pay more than 5 cents a click, figuring i should be able to make $5 in commissions with a 100 clicks. The great thing with Adwords in the control you have. If a campaign isn't converting for you, you can stop it, pause it, or change it and the results show immediately. Another factor that is hard to determine with ppc is long term customer acquisition. Sometimes someone might click an ad and visit your site and not buy anything on the initial visit. But if they like your site they might bookmark it for future reference or pass it along to a friend. So that initial 5 cent click might be bringing you money again and again with returning customers.

I don't care what my girlfriend says, i know i can dance, watch me go

I find google adword one of the most valuable marketing resource on the net.
    You should definetly give them a chance.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with dapyx
    I can live off of the net income from just adwords and put $ in the bank.

PS: 5 cents x 100 = $5

If you wish to know more - you can't. "For security reasons the only ones allowed to see the profiles are affiliate managers."

We do really well with AdWords. They have to perform, though, or they will yank your keywords for underperformance.

---Hershey

"My mother is the only one who loves me, and she moved into the garage."

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread