i need something that will basically check my meta tags, keyword density and give me warnings if im doing something wrong, even if i have to use one tool for each thing. ive found some online ones and some other free downloadable ones but im not sure how accurate they are with the major search engines(mostly google). Im not really sure whats considered too much or too little. Ive been reading a lot lately and i think im starting to get the jist of it but would love it if anyone knew of some good free programs.

another thing id like to ask.
    a lot of sites vary when they say MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHARACTERS per each of the different meta tags and id like to know what the general consensus of how many characters can go in each tag, how many times can you repeat a word in keywords, and how much keyword density is too much. If im asking too much than id understand.

by the way. this is for a retail stores website and hoepfully down the line we will offer an affiliate program as long as our website is semi-successful.

ABW Ambassador
    Forget meta tags. Only Inktomi uses them to my knowledge.

To find acceptable density, why not run some of these free tools on web pages that get number 1 slot. Do remember that density is only one factor that needs to be considered when optimizing pages.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Wow... I was just going to make a post of my own on a similar topic. I think it would do to include here.

I've been using the free Keyword Density Analyzer from Search Engine World per a recommendation here on the wonderfull ABW, and I've got a question...

I have pages that target 2 word phrases like, "z turbo" & "z cruiser." However, this Keyword Density Analyzer doesn't seem to analyze two word phrases that have a single letter as the first word.

Here's my question; Am I doing something wrong or is the analyzer? Is there a magical way to target a two word phrase whose first word is a single letter or should I be using another analyzer?

Also, Perfect G. Care to give a compare and contrast between Keyword Darts and this free analyzer???

I'm asking the question, so I hope that gives you a "Get Out Of Jail" card for self-promotion. I'm genuinely interested in this sort of tool.

Thanks,

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

Hi Frank,

We offer 2 different free partner service Keyword Density Weight Frequency Analyzers.

Hope this helps you.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank - UrbanScooters.com:
    Also, Perfect G. Care to give a compare and contrast between Keyword Darts and this free analyzer???

I'm asking the question, so I hope that gives you a "Get Out Of Jail" card for self-promotion. I'm genuinely interested in this sort of tool.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frank
    I am not sure this is the best place for me to praise the features of my product. Firstly I will no doubt see lots of processed meat smilies ( ), and secondly, my software is not available for release yet. Yes it is finished, yes I am using it, yes I am getting high rankings. However, I want to keep it to myself a little longer. If you want to see how it is different, can I direct you to the demo page (http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/keyword-darts/demo.htm) where you will find a PDF file showing an overview of features. This is out of date now, but most of it is there.

The one Ray has on his site is a good basic density analyser IMO.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread