ABW Ambassador
    "Thank you for your hard work in getting our products out there! We are almost in a new year 2004. With this in mind and the Christmas season around the corner we have designed a new www.cosmeticmall.com website.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR LINKS to the Product Catalog which have changed on CJ !"

I convert fine with them and don't do many product links, but just another merchant that decided it was wise for a site redesign and therefore a changing of the links right before Christmas

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

Just be thankful they did update, their old site was horrible! I dropped them before because of their god aweful site.

New site is great!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, just took a look, new site looks good, got rid of those frames, scroll bars. It's good i don't have any product links to them, just a simple text link. But not good for those that do, bad timing.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

The old site looked like some pre-school kid made it.

One reason I don't deep link to many sites, too hard to change.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Action Jackson - King of the World
    This is horrible news!!!

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com

Personally I could care less if there site is lovely or not, I am interested in SALES. Their old site was selling GREAT.

Did you notice they put a new YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE OUR SITE CODE? I hate sites that will not let you use the back option.

I hope they loose a few million in sales due to their non-notification of site redesign and link change. The more money they loose the more questions will be asked as to why they lost so many sales. Then maybe someone will ask, "Did we notify everyone of the change?"

I'll get there feed on Sunday, but all their links are wrong TODAY!

Stupid, stupid merchant! I guess they think we have nothing to do but change out THEIR links.

Snappy new site or not, they should have done this during the Summer, which would have given their affiliates plenty of time to make changes.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Spilsbury. Magazania. Cosmeticmall. Am I missing anyone? There is another, but I can't recall who.

This is the kind of crap I've been ranting about. It is one of the biggest obstacles in my work as a publisher. With x number of sites, and x number of pages, and given the fact I have pages that have been up for a month now, optimized for the holiday rush, NOW they want to all update their frigging sites! Why can't they do this during the summer? when things are slow? why at the moment of a mad rush, and holiday shopping. Do they not plan ahead? Are they capable of thinking ahead, enough in advance to make sure they don't screw things up?

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

ABW Ambassador
    oh yeah, Homemarketplace... as far as I know they never bothered to inform of changes. All I know is that none of the product links I have displayed go to the page they are supposed to.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Don't forget Autobarn

I don't know how many times I have changed their advanced links

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com

Dog doo for brains.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Personally, rather than sending out "Change your links..." messages, I think merchants ought to be business savvy enough to realize the havoc they cause for their affiliates and make sure their old links redirect to their new locations.

Cosmetic Mall is a strong converter for me. I stayed up half the night trying to figure out how I'm going to implement their change without replacing my static, google-indexed pages...and haven't figured it out yet...

Genius has its limits, stupidity knows no boundaries...

Maria

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread