ABW Ambassador
    I have a site that I think was penalized late 2001, and recently asked Google to reconsider, and was wondering if anyone has had experiences with this they could share.

After emailing, I got the auto response from Google, and a week later a note that they would review my site. Is this good or just what they tell everyone? For example, if there was no penalty on the site, would they have said so?

Basically I am trying to guage my chances based on Google's brief response.

ABW Ambassador
    Never done it, but I would guess that if they say they're going to review it, they will. I would doubt very much that they even looked at your site at the time they wrote the email, so I wouldn't draw any more conclusions than 'they'll review it....some time'.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Why not just buy a new domain name and start over? It would probably be quicker....

webmaster@google.com

Yes, its a valid email address, they have great communitcation. I would wait one more update to see if you get the penalty removed.

ABW Ambassador
    Jimbo - what address did you email?

I just had a content site that has been running for 2 years, always PR6/7, no screwy playing on my part, very simple page - today it has a PR of 0!

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Jimbo - what address did you email?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used the same email adress as posted above. I'll let you know ifanything happens.

The reason I did not just switch to a new url is that I feel the current one has value and a solid reputation that has been built for several years.

I think they penalized me when I set up some small affiliate sites and linked them. It was a brief incursion, but otherwise we do very clean and honest marketing, and I believe provide a service. If Google is willing to review sites and lift penalties from honest folks running small sites, then I'll give them some time to do that.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread